I want to quit smoking. Whats the best method? -

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I want to quit smoking. Whats the best method? -


I-ve been smoking since 18 and I-m now 25. I have a pretty stressful job, and I really feel like I would need an aid to help me quit. Also, I-ve quit for extended periods of time before (once for 3 months and once for 7 months). What-s the trick to sustained quitting of smoking
Quitting smoking is a great opportunity to learn about ourselves.
Congratulate yourself on having the desire to stop - then you are over the worst, but still need to maintain your resolve. It-s just so easy to start thinking that just one won-t hurt, but it does. Just one achieves nothing except feeling the need for another. Whatever you do, don-t have just one. Beware - alcohol will weaken your resolve.
Here-s a few home-brewed tips that might be useful.
It-s not just nicotine addiction - there are 50+ chemicals in cigarettes. Also the main problem is habit.
We have been used to having body sensations which we translate as -my body needs something-, which we have attempted to satisfy by having a cigarette.
When we try to stop smoking, we still get these -my body needs something- sensations, and we still feel that we want a cigarette. We have to train our body to be more selective. When we feel we need something, we have to work out what it is that we actually need.
A glass of water is an excellent substitute if nothing else comes to mind, as it helps with the clearance of the toxic substances in our body. Another good substitute is a bag of salted peanuts, used in combination with the water.
Another thing to do is to find an activity which occupies the mind or body. Go swimming - nobody wants to smoke while they are swimming. Slowly, as our body adjusts and translates the -want something- feelings into something other than cigarettes, then the feelings begin to go away. We know its not a cigarette that the body really needs, because as soon as we-ve had one we still have the feeling, and want another!
We will have a few bouts of feeling or even being short tempered. We must try to bite our lip, and control; ourselves. Recognise the short temper as being the removal of toxins which are trying to find a way out. They went in through the mouth, and they try to get out that way to. We must learn to keep our mouth closed, and force the toxins out the other way.

After we have stopped for a while we will begin to feel that just one wont to any harm.
All that leads to is a desire for just another one. We must guard very strongly against the desire to have just one.
the best way to giving up smoking is to have determination and confidence. if you-re not determined to give up then why bother. when you wake up in the mornings look in the mirror and tell your self that you will give up smoking and you will do it with no set backs.
my method was to not smoke for 2 weeks but you might cough alot and if you smoked for a long time you might cough up black stuff you have to clean you lungs so the sooner you stop the healthier you will be keep a pack of chewing gum in your pocket at all time or mints
I found the best thing to quit smoking is the new drug chantix. It really works, but you have to be careful with the dosage. I am a very small person and when I first started taking it, I did extremely well, but you start taking a larger dose and when I did, I had some bad things going on in my head that wasn-t me. Talk to your Dr. about this medication. I have tried them all and this worked best for me, but could only take half the dose recommended.
There is a new drug called Chantix by Pfizer that will stop the craving of nicotine. This is a first. It is new and has helped a few people so far. It is expensive but cheaper than smoking, long term.
Good luck
Stay away of others smoking, the smell is enough to entice you to light up. Good luck.
Unfortunately there isn-t a best method, all depend of you.........AND YOU BEING STRONG........

GOOD LUCK??
you should try talking to a psychiatrist or think about how healthy and good you will feel when you have successfully quit.
Get a book called -Easyway to stop smoking- by Alan Carr. I heard about this on a radio show a few years ago and i tried it.It worked for me.Before reading this I had tried chewing gum,patches,willpower.Nothing worked then I read this and two weeks later I quit for good.That was back in 1996 and I-m a happy non smoker ever since then! I couldn-t have achieved this freedom without that book.Check it out
Sheer will power! Good luck! I-m trying to give up passive smoking! lol
I tried hypnosis-useless! Then the patch, it was o.k but not very effective. I was smoking again in a month. Try Nicorette or any stop smoking gum, it hits you faster and calms you down.Dont chew too much! If your friends or co-workers smoke then dont be around them when they do. Dont go to bars or anywhere were smoking is taking place.That was the time of greatest temptation for me. After a few months you will notice how sensitive your sense of smell has become. Anyone with the smell of smoke on then will make you feel off and you will sense how disgusting it is. A week ago I smelled a cigarette on my way to work but couldnt see anyone. Finally I realised the person was over 600ft in front of me! That is how in tune my senses are now.
Good luck.
I want to quit smoking. Whats the best method? -