Does anyone have any tips on how to quit smoking cold turkey? -

Friday, February 26, 2016

Does anyone have any tips on how to quit smoking cold turkey? -


quitting when things are good in your life is a good time. other than that, there really aren-t any tips other than to resist the urge. the more you try to quit, the more likely you will be successful at quitting. oh, and gum doesn-t always help, nor does the patch, etc. so, yes, cold turkey is usually the way to go. try quitting on a relaxing vacation. that is what i did - i have been smoke free for 4-5 months. ok, so i had 2 in that time, but they made me not want anymore.

oh yeah, and it isn-t always about the chemical withdrawal... for me it was all about the habbit - -breaks- from everyday life that were the toughest to conquer. the whole -buying other brands- doesn-t work either. that isn-t quitting cold turkey anyhow.

good luck - if at first you don-t succeed, try - try again... and again...
First, accept that you will never -not want a cigarette- and realize that it will be a lifelong temptation that you will have to resist.

Second, make small changes to your everyday routine that involved places and times you always smoked (I smoked when I put my makeup on in the morning, so I started putting my makeup on in another room with no ashtray...the hardest was not smoking while I drove).

Third, don-t expect other people not to smoke around you. That-s a cop out. You are quitting for you, and only you can quit smoking.

Fourth, learn a replacement behavior. Try not to make it eating (just an oral stimulation replacement). Maybe go for a walk, learn to knit, something to retrain your mind from wanting a cigarette.

Fifth, start taking deep cleansing breaths and visualize the clean air helping to cleanse and heal your dirty, clogged lungs.

Sixth, keep track on a piece of paper how much money you saved every day by not buying cigarettes - it will add up quick!

Seventh, look into the future and see yourself as a non-smoker. You won-t have to stand out in the cold or heat to smoke because it is so socially unacceptable.

Good luck from a former 2 1/2 pack a day Winston smoker. I haven-t smoked in 9 years. The biggest reason I won-t start again is because quitting is hard!
Just be REALLY determined!!! Only you can do it and as the days, weeks ,months pass keep congratulating yourself . I am now 5months cigarette free and so happy about it. I don-t pretend it is easy but it gets better! Keep busy, spare time is difficult cos you want one so much!
Good Luck!
I have tried many times and just restarted. I have tried everything even smoke away last week. I quit for 12 years many years ago and started back after me and my wife broke up. I have not been able to quit after that. I have too many problems with my job and women. It seems to be my way to get away from it all.

So life has to be in good order and you have to just simply pick a day and be strong and quit. I was able to quit for about 4 months a couple of years ago. But that was because I got sick for a week and did not smoke because I did notwant to smoke while I was sick and just did not smoke after I got better. Then I started back. The want for a smoke is all ways with you after you quit no matter how long it has been.
Have a friend drop u off in the woods for 2 weeks with no smokes and no way to get them.
Information that iv been taught is that it only takes 72 hours for all the chemicals to get out of your system, after that it is all mental you just have to learn tech. to deal with the cravings
Smoke ham instead.
Wellbutrin.
Stops the cravings by the end of the first or second day. Helped my wife, twice.
I know what you-re saying. Why twice? The first time was so easy to quit, she didn-t respect it. She figured she could take a puff here, smoke while drinking there, but she woke the dragon and started back again. Then, she had to visit her doc and get the Welbutrin, again.
Now, she is back on the wagon.
yes its simple buy a brand of cigs u dont like i mean realy hate the **** or buy one u like the least eat soomthin u hate then smoke itll cause u to get a perm bad taste whn u think of cigs plus throw all ur cigs out dont lock them up dont hide them throw them the **** out ill wait.......................done it yet..............gooood no buy candy cigs a **** load of them everytime u get a craving stick it in ur mouth like its a cig and get the patch and get pictures

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10…

Good! I-m glad you-ve decided to stop. Cold turkey is the best way. I stopped that way, but did it with a friend who also wanted to stop, so we did it together. We were each others support system. If you have a friend that smokes that also wants to stop you can confer with him and see if he would like to stop together. Just an idea. I-ve been smoke-free for 14 years now after smoking for 24 years. It is so worth it!

Once you-ve actually stopped, brushing your teeth every time you get a craving is good and also drinking loads of water and walking and taking cold showers is also good ways to divert your cravings.
i am very happy to say that i just did. this is what i did. tell your self I DON-T SMOKE. and mean it. evey time you want on say it. go places that you can-t smoke in, like schools malls, so on. when others ask say the same thing I DON-T SOMKE. good luck.
Start smoking cigarettes and try eating your cold turkey instead of smoking it
Does anyone have any tips on how to quit smoking cold turkey? -