How can you quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey? -

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

How can you quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey? -


I want to quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey...is this possible?
It-s possible. One idea is not to count how many days it-s been...I mean if you really want to quit what are you counting for?

I did it 9 years ago (approx since I didn-t count exactly).

Exercise helps too...gives additional reason not to smoke.
Yeah, I did, in August. It helps a lot to not be around people who smoke in the first eight weeks. And also: keep busy. I caught myself thinking: Oh, and now, since I have nothing to do, I-ll have a cigarette- in the first few weeks, and than I sat down, told myself very clearly that I wasn-t having a cigarette, since I quit, and got myself a glass of water or prepared myself a cup of fruit tea (to keep the calory intake down, since when you smoke, you also burn 300 calories a day more than you would normally do. A nutritionist told me that when I quit). I also used tricks like smelling my clothes after I had worn them for one day and realizing that they still smelled nice, and not like cold ash, and I loved that my hair smelled like my shampoo, and not like smoke, so I built up positive small steps that I had always with me to remind me how much better it was to not smoke.

Also, if you are old enough to drink, don-t drink in the first few weeks, since than your desire for a cigarette will also rise, your self control will not kick in since you are relaxed, and than - pitfall!

Good luck with it. I did it, though eight weeks ago (after a 3 hour exam) I had one cigarette, and I was really sick five minutes later and for the whole evening. Headache, sick to my stomach... I had to go to bed and sleep it out, but had planned to go out and party... I am never touching a cigarette again!

Oh, also: Bodyly cravings for nicotine from smoking are gone in TWO days! That is clinically proven. The rest is your mind playing tricks on you. It helped me a lot to tell me that, especially in the first month.
Exercise helps -- eating and staying hydrated helps.

I use Mint Commit 2mg -- and whenever I get a craving, i-ll pop one. I-m going on 2 months now and I-m considering kicking commit now.

It helped me to get a chest x-ray too -- when the doc looks at you and says you DO have smoking lungs...it-s compelling.

I have a book that helped too. It-s called Quitting Smoking for Dummies. Educate yourself on the poison your inhaling and it helps.

I tried cold turkey and lasted about 2 weeks. Those strong cravings need to be curbed w/ something -- nicorette, commit, the patch.

Good luck -- you can do it!!


If you really want to quit smoking do what I did. Buy the eCigarette. It works great, you still get to smoke and there is no tar, tabbaco, or smell. I am telling you I bought it at a mall for $150, I found it for about $70 at http://www.giftgiftgifts.com/cat-ecigarette.cfm and there is a lot of information at http://www.gadgetworldus.com/eCigrettes.html Ceck it out.
It is better to ween yourself off of them. That way you pace yourself, and don-t drive yourself back to smoking again. You cut a little back each week until you hit 0. Going from lets say 20 to 0, is asking too much. You-ll drive yourself, and everyone around you crazy.
With a strong mind it is possible. It-s been done before and is the cheapest option.
Here are some videos and a promise club that might help.

http://www.promiseaid.com/promises/quits…

Before nicotine patches/gum and drugs people did it this way.

The chance of succeeding increases with meds/NRT, but cold turkey is worth a try.

Save the money up and spend it on yourself!
yes with a lot of will power!
how about using a product that helps to quit smoking.
Just do it.
I chewed lots of gum and ate sunflower seeds
why?? talk to your doctor about Chantix.
How can you quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey? -