How did you quit smoking cigarettes? -

Friday, August 17, 2018

How did you quit smoking cigarettes? -


In the past i have tried the patch, gum and lozenges and always went back, I never believed the doctor when he said cold turkey is the best way, i thought he was nuts lol. But now i am going cold turkey and its been over 24 hours without a cig. I feel like i am different in a good way.
Actually the cravings to smoke will come in waves, so be ready especially in the next 48 hours. Beware of the triggers to smoking as well, anybody or anyplace or any activity that you associate with smoking. Drink lots of liquids as to better flush your system. You have to be darned good and determined. Beware also months from now you may have an over powering urge to smoke (like you haven-t already). The urges you will be having over the next few days and future urges each only last something like 3-5 minutes. Take each of those 3-5 minutes one at a time. What you are attempting to do is a solitary thing you are doing for yourself.
Do not let anyone mess with it.
I pretty much went cold turkey. My theory is that you have to have cigarettes to quit. Kind of like a control thing. If you don-t have them you are going to want them and crave them. If they are there then you are controling your temptation for them, not just not smoking because you don-t have them. I also didn-t go out or drink a lot for a couple of months too. That seems to be the breaking point for most people. A cigarette goes great with an adult beverage.

Just think about some of your past relationships. I equate it to breaking up with someone and then later on down the road remembering all of the good times. Then, when you do get back together you immediately remember why you broke up with them in the first place.

Good luck and stay strong.
I-ve quit many times, but I think this will be the last time...hopefully. I used Chantix and it helped. I used it for a little more than a month and then got freaked out by all the horror stories about it so quit. It-s so hard even still (been 10 months), but I now know that I can-t even have a drag or I-ll start again. Now if I could just lose this 30lbs that I gained from quitting!! (By the way, don-t replace cigarettes w/food-it-s even harder to lose weight after you quit!!) Good Luck!
i think u have to do Something else At The time of Smoking
That is the Better way to Quit ur Smoke habitue
Or Doing Some Maditation(YOGA)(www.babaramdev.com)
And force ur mind to Stop Smoking
U can do it
Don-t Worry
Ur Friend Indian
I smoked a lot of weed. Then I quit that too. It worked, I must say. When you can-t speak straight the last thing you want is a cigarette.
i quit via pure willpower (years ago), and my husband is taking chantix currently to give up the habit
How did you quit smoking cigarettes? -