Does hypnotism work to quit smoking? -

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Does hypnotism work to quit smoking? -


Looking for anybody who has had any experience w/ this.
I recently ordered John Carrs book -The easiest way to quit smoking.- I am a very, very long time smoker and heard about this book. I am now on chapter 9 and believe, after trying so many times to quit, think this book is the answer. Check it out on line. And good luck. I know a few that went with hypnotism, and that didn-t work for any of them.
it will work if you believe it will work.

the fact is, you have to DECIDE to quit smoking. it-s not like the cigarettes magically put themselves in your mouth and light. if you want to quit smoking, THEN QUIT. it-s that easy.

the only reason it feels difficult is because you-re convinced it will BE difficult. i smoked a pack a day for almost 10 years, before quitting cold turkey over a year ago. i WANTED to quit. i-m not gonna lie and say i didn-t have cravings. but the fact of the matter is, when you have a craving, it-s still a CONSCIOUS decision to put a cigarette in your mouth and light it. and every time the craving comes, and it-s time to make that decision, you must DECIDE to not smoke.

before long, the cravings stop, and the decision will no longer have to be made.

so yes, if you believe the hypnosis will work, then it will.
Some people, like me, are cyncial control freaks who can-t be hypnotized because we-re En Garde!
Now, for those three people I know who-ve tried,
IT FAILED.
Meanwhile, I-ve successfully quit smoking for two months, of my own free will.
For the fourth time in six years. :-)
THEY TOLD ME THAT SMOKING WOULD TASTE LIKE CRAP AND IT DID FOR THE 1ST FEW WEEKS,AFTER THAT IT WAS BACK TO NORMAL
it has worked for some people but hypnotism combined with group cognitive behavioral therapy is more effective
I quit cold turkey. And I-m smoke-free for 3 years now! My girlfriend was hypnotized and she quit for 2 years so, yes, it can work. I think the trick is that you have to REALLY REALLY want to quit and you will - by whatever method you choose. Good luck to you!
this is almost the same thing:


i command you to quit smoking....
nope, it work for 4 days, then back to smoking, went back to try again, laughed through the whole session, don-t waste your money.
Hypnotism helped me start smoking. So, I assume it can help people quit.
no. but is does help you to spend some of your money. I know someone who did it. He stoped or smoked less for a few days afterwards and bang - back to the same way it was before. I believe smoking has a lot to do with the social surroundings. Do you have friends that smoke??????? ;)
Does hypnotism work to quit smoking? -