Has anyone ever used perscription Chantix to aid them in quitting smoking? -

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Has anyone ever used perscription Chantix to aid them in quitting smoking? -


My mother has been smoking for 37 years, and she is ready to quit, but her addiction is strong. Did the medication help you at all, and did it have any side effects?
Thanks in advance!
I took Chantix from October of 2006 through December of 2006 and it worked great for me. I haven-t smoked since! There are side effects to the medicine (upset stomach, trouble sleeping, unusual dreams) but they go away after your body adjusts to the medicine.

Even with the medicine though you have to WANT to quit and you do need some willpower. The pill will help with your physical cravings to smoke but it won-t do anything for the behavioral side. Any time it was a habit for me to smoke (in the car, before a meal, after a meal, right before bed, etc) I still wanted a cigarette. I did what I could to change my routine and that helped (in the car I-d sing with the radio or suck on a piece of sugar free candy, after a meal I-d start sucking on mints, etc).

I wish your mother much luck in quitting! While the road may be a bit bumpy, it will definitely be worth the trip.
Has anyone ever used perscription Chantix to aid them in quitting smoking? -