Has anyone ever quit smoking sucessfully? -

Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Has anyone ever quit smoking sucessfully? -


have you or someone you know ever quit smoking sucessfully? how did they do it?
Realize that the physical addiction lasts only three days!!!!!!!!!!!
After that it is all about getting over the habit of smoking when you drive or eat or have sex or wake-up. Learn to overcome the habit of putting something to your mouth. Idle hands. Get a hobby like carving wood. Good luck.
I quit smoking, and I bet you-re going think I-m crazy when I say how I did it. I switched to healthy electric cigarettes. They don-t cause cancer, are 1/4th the cost of regular cigarettes, don-t smell stinky (trust me you will agree cigarettes stink after you can smell again), and it still looks like you-re smoking (smoke, the feeling, and the lit tip). I know it-s hard to believe but this will show you what I-m talking about http://bit.ly/13XSOP (if you can-t click on it just copy and paste into the address bar of your browser).

Anyways, I tried to quit for 6 years before I found this. I used to think I couldn-t live without cigarettes. Have your cake and eat it too? Maybe. But I can live with that.
yes Jessica..

its never easy, but it is entirely doable.. i have been quit for over 5 years, after smoking for over 40.. not only that, but i personally know of hundreds who have quit... the method we used, was being members, of a support group.. the support of other quitters, as well as ,the experience, of older members, is a very strong incentive..


Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.


I am a member of nicotine anonymous, i attend meetings both locally, and online.. all who want freedom from nicotine are welcome..on line voice meetings are as close as your computer!!
yes my friend sue quit. It all depends on will power, control, and discipline. Some people are just able to quit cold turkey while ours can-t. In the case of my friend she gradually cut back on how many cigs. she smoked. she used to smoke like 3/4 a day now she doesn-t anymore.. it took her a month
yess my daddy(:
he used nicorette or nicotine gum lol idk what its called exactly
but he has been smoking for over 35 years! and hes stopped for 3(:
replace it with another habit.
yes, cigarretes got too expensive. i used to smoke 1 pack per day that-s around $8. almost 3000 i-ll be saving per year
I got pregnant. Haven-t picked it up since.
cutting back slowly, and using nicotine patches, and chewin the gum..
goodluck :)
Has anyone ever quit smoking sucessfully? -