How can i get my daughter who is pregnant to quit smoking cigarettes? -

Thursday, April 10, 2008

How can i get my daughter who is pregnant to quit smoking cigarettes? -


She is 21 and not living with me.
I recommend cutting down gradually until your quit date. I did this. I cut down to half a pack. I did this for three months. I smoked by the puff, not by the cigarette. I took only the amount of nicotine that was necessary to satisfy my urge to smoke and put the rest of the cigarette out.

After doing this for three months I quit cold turkey.

Now I-m eating more candy to distract me but its been 8 months. I have urges but they don-t last more than a second or two. If they-re lasting more than that then you-re concentrating on the cigarette. Don-t do it. Concentrate on something else.
The one thing that made it possible for me to quit smoking was that I didn-t want to do any damage to my new husband. It seems a baby would be an even bigger motivation.

Try to do some research (Google it) to find info about how harmful it is to a fetus (and to a newborn once it comes out, too). Then give it to her to read. Maybe some organization could send you pamphets or something about it, too.
I think it would help if you make her aware of the advantages of quitting:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/cigarette…


This will keep you and her motivated throughout. My friend was chain smoker and he quit. He use to say, just be mentally strong and you can do it. Here are some tips that helped him:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/8-easy-ti…

This is something that makes me really angry. Perhaps you can present the health implications that smoking has to a baby, make it as hard hitting as possible.
slap her around alil


noo liee (;
steal her cigs, and throw them away!
How can i get my daughter who is pregnant to quit smoking cigarettes? -