I quit smoking, and I want something else...? -

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I quit smoking, and I want something else...? -


I only smoked a cigarette or 2 per day, and it was for depression and concentration. I had to quit because I got a cold and had some really bad coughing that wouldn-t go away. But I was really happy smoking. It really helped me when I needed to study or felt down in the dumps or anxious. Is there anyone who can relate, and is there anything that can be a reasonable substitute?
I-ve been trying to quit smoking for the past couple of years...When I-ve quit in the past I got some serious depression symptoms. This time around I started a basic exercise program and it has helped me a lot. I-m not someone who likes exercise (in fact, I rather dislike it) but the results are so positive that I force myself to do it.

The first thing you need to do though is educate yourself about smoking. The more you learn about addiction the more you will realize that smoking doesn-t make you happy or less anxious. Eventually you will start to dislike your smoking habit and this is a great motivator to stay quit. From that point you just have to struggle through the ups-and-downs of quitting (this is where the exercise is very helpful) and just have faith that you will feel better in time....And you will - I quit 6 months ago and I feel 150% healthier and less anxious (nicotine is a stimulant).
Good Luck :)
Hi, Curtis76!

I felt the same way when I tried quitting until I found something that worked. It changed my thinking about cigarettes and helped me realize that I don-t need them, I never did. It was truly a life-changing method and I highly recommend it to anyone who really want to quit and end their addiction once and for all.

You can read more about what has helped me here:

http://www.optimumlifenow.com/QuitSmokin…


Try it. It will work!
my mom and dad had been smoking for about 18 or more years and they stopped about two years ago. while they were in the process of stopping, junk food became a close second but of course it causes weight gain so they ate sun flower seeds when they got the craving for a cigarette. they ate them constantly for a few weeks and they never craved for a cig again.

the end....lol

p.s.....you can substitute the sun flower seeds with unbuttered popcorn or your favorite low fat snack...works like a charm...good luck!
When I quit, I carefully removed the tobacco from the paper, and let the filter hang out of my mouth for several days. I worked for me.
Well I quit smoking after I saw this video, I hope this help you! there-s nothing good about smoking
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/756818/quit_smoking/

Good luck!
Meditation helps, but it-s not as enjoyable as smoking.
I quit smoking, and I want something else...? -