How can I get my friend to quit smoking? -

Sunday, April 13, 2008

How can I get my friend to quit smoking? -


Like 1/4 of the whole 9th grade (divided to 7 classes) here smokes, which sickens me alot.
And my friend is one of them.
We-re both 15, and I-m uncomfortable seeing him smoke cigarettes.
I don-t see why.
They stink, they **** your lungs up, they cost, etc...

He smokes daily.
How can I get him to quit?
The best way I-ve ever heard is to find the total for how much a cigarette pack costs, multiply that by however many they have a day, then eventually find out how much they cost for a year. Then say you could have gone on a trip to ____ or bought ___ or whatever they seem to like. Another thing is to say that the average man lives to be (78) (not sure on the number, so check that out). Then say, subtract fourteen years from that. That-s how much shorter your life will be because you chose to smoke. Also, you can write a letter telling him how much he means to you and how you don-t want to lose him to lung cancer, emphysema, COPD complications, etc. Let him know that his smoking habits don-t only harm him; they harm all those around him. Let him know that you will be there every step of the way during the quitting process, if he chooses to take that path, and will be there to support him. To start it off, you might want to attach a letter with the most important things you can think of as to why you want him to quit to a box of candy cigarettes. That-s what I did with my aunt, and she appreciated it. These are just a few suggestions.
https://www.quitnow.net/quitplan/
is a good starting point. You can get any other (helpful) information from there.
Hehe i love the reasons you said, and they are so true..

I smoked for over 11 years, and I managed to quit....
I made a website with my story hoping to help others, take a look : http://www.thequitsmokingsecret.com

Maybe you can get some nice info...
Tell him to visit this site:
http://healthexercisepro.com
has a lot of stuff which will help you to quit smoking.
How can I get my friend to quit smoking? -