How do i quit smoking? -

Friday, October 10, 2008

How do i quit smoking? -


i really want to quit, but so far nothing has helped.
Are you sure that you really want to quit?

What have you tried that hasn-t helped?

It-s a tough addiction - realizing you-re addicted and that it is damn difficult to quit is the first step. Are you there yet?

It usually takes several serious efforts and then several extended relapses before you quit for good - if you quit for good.

If you can-t quit via the usual means (cold turkey, NRT, Zyban) try the new Pfizer drug, Chantix. But make sure you really want to quit - otherwise you are wasting your time.

http://www.chantix.com


I smoked for more than 25 years, and I have been smokefree now, finally, for about 2-1/2+ years.
support classes and the patch and YOU realy have to want to,go to one of the quit smoking groups they really help
well i know someone who smoked and she stoped and she thrught them away and stped and we told her to
My father did cold turkey when he went into the hospital to have his appendix removed, but I don-t think you want to do that.

Find a support group, since going solo doesn-t seem to help. Keep a pack of gum to stick in your mouth instead of cigarrettes. If you know what triggers the urge to smoke, either avoid the situation that causes the said urge or grow a different habit.

Good luck!
I smoked for 5 years, so I can just imagine what you are going through. Best advice, pay attention to what causes you to smoke in the first place (what triggers it) and replace it with something else. I took deep breaths for 1 minute, even though you might look funny.. who cares? Its for your own good.

Good Luck :)
My mother was a heavy smoker. She went cold turkey. It is hard for the first couple hours, and then even harder for some time, but hard physical activity kept her mind off. It just takes sheer will.
I can-t remember who said it, but one of my favorite quotes is about smoking. -Quitting-s easy - I-ve done it a thousand times-.

Quitting permenantly is another story. I am a smoker. I don-t want to quit, but wish I wanted to quit. This is what I am doing in the mean time...
I don-t have the ultimate desire to quit, but want to be healthier so I-ve done a few things to help a bit.

1. I excercise more. Some studies say that those who smoke and excercise regularly are healthier than those who don-t smoke or excercise at all.
2. I take breaks from smoking. I know smoking is effecting my health when I become really tired for 3 or more days for no reason, my sinuses/allergies are acting up more than usual or I have a lot of trouble sleeping. I then take about three days off from smoking and feel better.
3. I drink a lot of water. This curves appetite as well as cigarrette cravings.
4. Keep busy as much as possible. When the mind is off of cigarrettes, the desire is gone. I don-t know about you, but the no smoking adds on television and on billboards everywhere are the worst things for me. They just remind me of the fact that I smoke and trigger the need.

Not sure if this is anywhere near Dr. recommended, but it may help a bit until you are completely ready and determined to quit - if that-s where you are at this time.
punch yourself in the face with a kidney but seriously just take it gradually those d@mn patches didn-t work for me iono about you though but try to stay off one cig per day for about a week then next week stay off another cig per day ok FOOL?

(stay off 1 cig off from your usual amount of cigs per day)
How do i quit smoking? -