Have any tips on kindly helping someone quit smoking? -

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Have any tips on kindly helping someone quit smoking? -


Without any extreme measures or a professional, if possible
Buy a box of the nicotine patches, set a date to quit, tell your friends so that they can help remind you, throw away ALL lighters, matches, fire makers. Get your car detailed to remove the smoke smell. You have to want to quit. If you are feeling pressured to do so, it won-t work for you so easily. Start an excercise plan. If you smoke when drinking with friends, you might have to postpone nights out for a couple of weeks. If you smoke with your morning coffee, try resisting your cigarrette until after you had your coffee. Ask some friends how they quit and get their input. Good luck if this is for you. If you are trying to get a friend to quit, well, they have to want to quit, so don-t pressure them.
Chantix
offer them nicorette gum. everytime your around them tell them smoking gives you a headache and you-d appreciate it if they wouldnt around you.
chew one up and swallow it. or and even easier way, if he/she/you wants to really quit, he/she/you would stop being a pus sy and just STOP. it-s the only cure
always refer to their cigarettes as -cancer sticks- and nothing else
The morning I finally quit smoking I had decided I was going to quit and not let the cigarettes control me any more. I still had 7 left in the pack and I threw them away, along with all the ashtrays and lighters and took it out by the road...it was trash day. I had decided I wasn-t going to let them control me anymore and that I was going to be in control of me! I smoked a little over a pack a day for about 20 years and I have been smoke free for 2 years and one month now. I am attaching the article that I read that made me decide it was time. Good luck.
Perhaps the nicorette activestop program might help.
Quit a lot - quit all the time. Figure that every minute you-re not smoking you just quit.

The worst problem with quitting those fags is failing and starting again - makes you feel like a toad. So quit and fail a few times - get used to quitting and get used to failure.

These cigs are incredibly poisonous and either you-ll quit or they-ll kill you. But they-re also more addictive than heroine or booze. So cut yourself some slack - you-re going to fail a few times. You know you-re going to quit at some point - everybody does. But practice makes perfect.
Have any tips on kindly helping someone quit smoking? -