I need some advice on how to quit smoking!!? -

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I need some advice on how to quit smoking!!? -


My husband and I are both smokers and we have decided to quit cold turkey. We decide that when the last pack is gone, we wont buy anymore. We are doing this together to make it a little easier. So I guess my question is What are somethings that my husband and I can do to make this a little easier. We want to make sure that we do this and we do this right. So I guess I would also just like to hear that others have been able to do it as well. Any help any advice would be nice thank you in advance.
I quit cold turkey in September and am still going strong. My boyfriend is a non-smoker, so that helps immensely. I-d say the biggest thing to keeping it up is distancing myself from smokers or smoky environments. I try not to be one of those people who says -eww, I can-t go in there because it-s smoky- or other irritating things like that that always bugged me about non smokers, though. It-s definitely tough in familiar situations in which smoking was always the conversation starter, or something I did after eating, but you really just have to want to do it and be willing to perservere. It-s been a little over 7 months for me now, and I feel great. I-ve gotten past that stage of thinking of myself as a smoker, which was a huge hurdle.
As long as you and your husband are both committed to the idea of quitting, and you-re truly ready to do it, you can. Best of luck to you!
a pack a day of cigarettes - $6.50

a pack a month -$195.00

quitting cigarettes and buying something worth $200.00 a month .....
PRICELESS!
i have a friend that everytime she craved a cig she would just suck on a spree or mint and that worked for her!!! also, my grandmother quit after 40 years cold turkey, she said the best part was tasting her coffee better and walking up the steps, not having to hold on to the rails!!!

good luck!
happy to hear that...when u guys will completely quit smoking u-ll come to know that, that-s the best thing ever happen to u...

Best of luck both of u...Enjoy healthy life...!!
Willpower is very much needed. By quiting together your making it 10 times easier. When you do get a craving do something else take up kniting or something with your hands and every craving drink a glass of water. I had the help of Zyban maybe you should look into it, It stops the brain waves that make you crave. Good Luck!
I loved on -my name is earl- when he decided to help his friends mother quit smoking. This guy he knew had gone to jail for something earl did, and he wanted to confess to his friend.

(He was a little worried about his because the guy was a bit crazy, it showed a scene of him sneaking up behind a cop, grabbing his gun - and running down the street waving it around going -i got your gun!!! i got your gun!!!-

He convinces the guy not to kill him, and forgive him, because he got saved while in prison, and he probably wouldn-t have -found jesus- unless he had gone there.

He is getting ready to leave, when the guys mother clocks him upside the head with her bible (the ultra-big print version - with 2-3 words per page). Earl says -but - he forgave me-. She says -he did - but I don-t - you took my boy away from me for two years!!!- He notices she is smoking a cig, and so he decides that he-s going to quit smoking - and help her stop so she will live longer and get those years together with her son back.

It shows them sitting on the couch - and he says -someone said you could use carrot sticks to help you quit - but we couldn-t get them to light- while they sit there trying to burn the ends while sucking on them.

Good luck quitting - I did quite a while back - and was very happy about it. I still have the occasional cig, but I can enjoy it without it becoming a habit.

I actually managed to quit by switching to a pipe. They make a wide variety of tobaccos - and you can kind of just puff on it, and get your nicotine dose without having to be compelled to smoke a whole cig. I actually got one right before xmas - and I was off work for a few days, so I just puffed on it whenever I felt like I needed to (much stronger, and not filtered). I decided to light up a cig one day, and the pack had been sitting out getting stale - and it tasted like sh** comparatively.

When I went back to work, it was such a pain to have to pack a pipe, get it lit, etc., that I didn-t really ever develop a habit of smoking it - I still keep one around with a few kinds of tobacco for the occasional puff.
There are a lot of products available to reduce nicotine craving and withdrawal symptoms from natural remedies to patches to hypnosis. All these are meant to make it easy for a smoker to quit. Personally, I have used natural remedy to reduce the withdrawal symptoms and it worked for me. Now I am smoke free for almost 6 months. Go to the following source for some valuable information on quiting smoking.
Cut yourself a thin slice of carrot, place it onto a plaster and stick it to the right side of your chests, for the female it goes above the breast. (It probably works better this way, as either side will do really, because the right lung is a little bigger) There are natural things in carrot that improve lung health and reduce the craving for smoking. If the craving continues you can increase the number of plasters, but I-m sure you can imagine that there will be a point when you look like something out of a hospital film; so use common sense. This method actually works very well, that-s probably why you-ve never head of it. So, when you fancy a smoke, just think of the carrot This is not simply another distraction technique, this method does work; I stopped with it, though my habit was only thirty a day. It was a very wise old woman who told me this cure.
Looks like you got some good advice. My husband and I have tried this technique several times and failed. i hear it is all about whether or not you are truly ready to quit.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU BOTH!!!
from regular to lights to cold turkey. occasionally lapsing but eventually replaced with something for fingers to do instead of reaching for it... e.g., computers. sometimes i get headaches but i always think that headaches could have been worse if i had quit later. it was really hard. sorry i-m unable to give more details, it was a long time ago.
I need some advice on how to quit smoking!!? -