HELP! :) Have you ever quit smoking before? -

Friday, February 3, 2012

HELP! :) Have you ever quit smoking before? -


I quit smoking three weeks ago. I wore a patch for the first two weeks, and I-m no longer wearing one. I wasn-t sleeping very well while using the patch.

I-m pretty much OK now... but the cravings are so frequent still! It-s torture sometimes.

What I was wondering is... if you have quit smoking before, how long did it take for you to stop having cravings?

Or... at the very least... how long before the cravings became much less frequent?
I quit smoking several years ago using the patch. I also took Zyban. I believe it-s an anti depressant that they-ve discovered helps with the mental cravings of smoking. I quit the patch after a month and kept on the zyban for a couple of more months. It seemed to work great for me. Unfortunately I started smoking again a year later when my dad died.. so the idea is always in your head.. you just have to beat it.
About a month. It helped that my boyfriend really hated to see me smoke. Try to hang around nonsmoking friends and stay away from smokey places.
never because i don-t smoke


wanna chat with someone who-s cool.i-m always there.
prithvi_calicut@yahoo.com
Cravings come and go. But they only last literally for like 20 - 40 seconds. I quit cold turkey and was smoking 4 packs a day when I quit. That was back in 94.
Never started smoking
I think you should take another whack at the patch. Try putting it on first thing when you wake up, and take it off at least a couple of hours before you go to sleep. They really only deliver nicotine for twelve hours, so if you don-t sleep much anyway, they may not be enough. I find they DO help though, a lot. Also, they really do take longer than just a couple of weeks. I-m using the step down series; level one is the same as one pack of cigarettes a day; use them for at least three or four weeks, maybe even more. Then, go to step 2 patches, which are about one-third less strong. Use them for several weeks as well, before going to step 1. If you rush or try to take a short cut, you are probably going to backslide and start smoking again.

The other habits are not going to be helped by the patch. I find tic-tacs or altoids to be good if I want a cigarette, or, sometimes I go brush my teeth if my mouth feels tingly. Either of these tricks keep you from eating to give your mouth something to do, which is the real reason many people gain weight when they quit.

Personally the patches make me dream a lot, I like that! I have only smoked once in three months now, and that one time was two months ago. Good luck!
I quit 4 years ago and still get an occasional craving. If you-ve made it three weeks you-re over the hardest part,just don-t give in, good luck
I keep tryen but I have not succeded yet. If you to really want to quit and make that dession. I keep tryen to do it for everyone else but me thats why it hasn-t worked for me. Good luck to ya!
Can-t help you with this but, in answer to your answer on mine about my avatar being a guy my answer is:

Yes. But I just came out of the closet.
I have quit smoking 10 times........HAHAHAHAHHA JUST KIDDING!!!!
HELP! :) Have you ever quit smoking before? -