I tried to quit smoking, can any one help me find my way out? patches and gums wont work.? -

Sunday, February 5, 2012

I tried to quit smoking, can any one help me find my way out? patches and gums wont work.? -


hi Gsheeld

i had little luck with patches or gum, or a lot of other methods.. for over 40 years the last 5 were trying to quit...one episode after another

the good news is that i did eventually find something that worked for me..i found out that i couldn-t do it alone, and joined a support group.. i have been nicotine free for over 5 years now.. i attend nicotine anonymous meetings both locally and online.. you are welcome at meetings while still smoking.. in fact we encourage new folks to attend before setting a quit date.. as always there are a number of ways to quit, good luck finding whats right for you!!


Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
You have to remember patches don-t just work by themselves. A degree of will power has to be used as well. I used Champix. After just 1 week of smoking and taking this pill, I quit. It also removes cravings, so you don-t have to go through the period of being cranky. It is expensive but well worth it. Very few side effects, take it with food or lots of water. If you are serious about stopping this habit, then money should not be an issue.
I quit cold turkey - but I had to really use my brain to do it! Every time I had a craving, I forced myself to wait 10 minutes before going for a cigarette. Usually that-s the amount of time it took for the craving to go away.

I also tried to hang out with my few smoker friends a little less, and that definitely helped. Any time I thought about having a smoke, I just reminded myself about how gross it was, and how I hated my clothes reeking of it. It was really my brain that had to overcome my bodily cravings. Eventually it worked though, and now I-m 3 years smoke-free!

Be strong - you can do it! :)
umm. stop buying packs, and save your money for something useful.
think about cancerous lungs and second hand smoke and death.
sorry but its all there along smoking.
get prescription for Chantix! It works!
I tried to quit smoking, can any one help me find my way out? patches and gums wont work.? -