For all the ex smokers out there, what method did you use to finally quit smoking for good? -

Thursday, January 21, 2016

For all the ex smokers out there, what method did you use to finally quit smoking for good? -


My New Years resolution is to quit for good. I gained twenty pounds during my last two failed attempts, what method worked for you?
I quit 6 weeks ago yesterday, I just stayed away from smoke, and felt the health benefits as the days went by, and seriously - you start feeling better after just one day.

Try it, and keep on going. You don-t need patches and gum - that-s all crap, you could end up addicted to that stuff too.

Just quit and forget about them! It-s not like you cant survive without them is it?

I did read the book by Alan Carr - The easy way to stop smoking, that helped. Good luck and break the dirty habbit!
I picked a day, cold turkey, and used St. John-s Wort for anxiety instead of grabbing a cigarette.
get pregnant.
ask ur dr for chantix i am on my second week of it it is awesome i am only smoking like three a day maybe it tottaly plays with the mind to make it taste bad to u but is not a anti deppressant good luck
Cold turkey and a great gym membership
I had to quit pretty much cold turkey. I just didn-[t buy another pack and tried to make the one I had last. It worked for me.
I quit cold turkey. Since I was used to having something in my hand I started eating the sugar free lollypops. I have not smoked in 2 years last month.
this might work:

instead of smoking the whole cigarette, only smoke half and throw the rest away. then only smoke a fourth. it worked for me.

i haven-t smoked in about 3 years. in fact, just being around smoke is enough to make me gag.
Chantix, it works great.
I have found that if I did something healthy like taking a vitamin or a little walk or just a 5 minute breather helped a lot. I also used the patch for the first 2 weeks. As time goes by the cravings decrease little by little. There is a lot of on line support groups that can give ideas as well. Just keep the final goal in mind and before you know it weeks will have passed and you just won-t think about it any more!!! Good Luck I hope that you are successful!!!!!!!!!!!
I just stop and did not look back.
all you need is will power i started smoking when i was twelve until i was 21 then i decided to quit becuase all i was doing was buying death when death comes to us all so why pay
black coffee and daily exercise, you want your body to reject bad things like smoke, one way is to eat better and exercise
I did the same thing you did, only after the third time, I just didn-t want to have to go through the misery again. So it-s been almost 2 years, and what keeps me from going back is that I don-t want to do it again..P.S. I also replaced my nicotine addiction with caffeine...I drink coffee like crazy when I get a craving.
I took up crack.. but thats just me.



Just kidding. I dont smoke, never will.
I don-t suggest my method. I got sick and couldn-t smoke for 6 or 8 weeks. I didn-t start again. I had recently got married, and shortly after I contracted mononucleosis. My throat was so sore I could barely swallow water, and smoking was out of the question. Prior to that, I was smoking 2 packs a day. That was in 1980, and I haven-t smoked since then. Good luck to you!
I had several friends who went and had laser surgery to quit smoking and after that they never went back.
Substitute it with sex. You-ll enjoy it plus get a work out.
cold turkey ! I ate fruit whenever I had the urge to smoke and jumped rope to keep the pounds off.

Just a thought though !
Try to stop having smokes at specific times- this was also helpful.
First try no smoking in the car, then no smoking on the phone, then not after meals, then not after sex-by eliminating these -frequent smoking periods- you will reduce your smoking pattern and quitting cold turkey will be less stressful.
Cold turkey
Cold Turkey. Most drastic, but I-ve been smoke-free for 4 years today!!!
Fear my grand father died of throat cancer caused by smoking. Or becoming prego works too
My wife, who was then my fiance, forcing me to quit or else she would dump be because I smelled like an ashtray. Basically, cold turkey and a lot of medidation.
I smoked 40 cigarettes a day and found it very difficult to quit. When my 3year old daughter developed sleep apnoea I blamed it on my smoking and was able to quit for her sake. It turned out it was her adenoids not my smoking, but I haven-t smoked now for 13years. You need to find a good reason to quit and constantly think about it.
I quit cold turkey.Once you past the three day mark your golden.But for me I didnt mind gaing a few extra pounds.which happened to be 10lbs.As long as I stayed away from people who smoked and/or offered me a ciggarette then I-d be fine.
Good Luck
The last time i tried I didn-t want to gain a bunch of weight either so in steed of candy or gum I took up chewing ice - That worked for 6 months but everyone in the house was smoking so I went back - I-m weak - going to try again.
Good Luck
Try abstinence from cigarettes during your follicular stage of menstruation. It will cause less intensity of withdrawal symptoms. If you abstain from cigarettes during the luteal stage of menstruation, u are more likely to have more intense withdrawal symptoms because withdrawal to nicotine is similar to PMS.

I am not really an ex smoker (used to be casual smoker) but I have done research on this topic for graduate school.
I used the patch. It-s the only thing thats seems to help the craving for me. Try each method until you find one that helps.
For all the ex smokers out there, what method did you use to finally quit smoking for good? -