I quit smoking 10 weeks ago and the stress is gettign worse? -

Saturday, January 16, 2016

I quit smoking 10 weeks ago and the stress is gettign worse? -


im havign mood swings that are sending me insane,really bad ones that i didnt have anything remotely close to when i was craving nicotine,im not really crving much now but i feel manic and stressed beyond belief.

any tips or stories or ideas on how long this lasts if its smoking related?
It sounds like you did this cold turkey. The first 3 weeks seem to be the hardest. It will get better. Be kind to yourself. Let yourself vegetate and do things that will distract you such as watching a ton of t.v., playing video games, reading magazines etc...Drink ice cold water. Take a daily vitamin supplement. Your body will love you for it. Your body is trying to repair the damages right now. Just remember that you have made a great decision and soon this will be old news. If it continues past what you believe you can tolerate, talk to a doctor.:)
I would personally recommend you to try Nicorette. Nicorette understands that all smokers are different, that-s why they offer the widest range of nicotine replacement products to help you stop smoking in the way that is best for you. Whether you are planning on giving up smoking completely or just want to cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke, Nicorette can help.

Nicorette works by giving you a small amount of nicotine, but without the dangerous effects of inhaling tobacco smoke. This helps relieve the withdrawal symptoms and cravings for a cigarette that you get when you stop smoking, and allows you to get on with breaking the psychological habit of smoking.

If you are physically addicted to nicotine, using Nicorette has been shown to almost double your chances of successfully quitting smoking.
Well done, you should be proud of yourself, your doing great. It can only get better. The mood swings and stress will eventually go, just don-t be tempted to think you can have just one cigarette to feel better, it will only restart your nicotine dependence. Remember its the nicotine that causes all them feelings. Once you get over them properly you wont get them again, its a fantastic feeling to be free of them, you-ll look better, feel better and have a lot more money. There-s nothing to miss. Good luck and be strong.
Well done you, my husband quit 3 weeks ago and is having really bad mood swings, even with the patches. Its getting to the point where i would prefer him to move out and come back when he-s in a better mood. I am currently a smoker but have cut down to 11 a day, but i do a long day normally 18 hours so pretty pleased with the reduction. Want to give up but will wait for husband to clean from it first.....it would be carnage other wise lol!!! Keep at it, your doing brilliant, may be you could speak to the NHS smoke help line they may give you some advice, or do something like go to the gym to take all your stress out
Though 10 weeks really isn-t that long. ( I know its a freakin eternity for you) Your body is still craving what you are depriving it of. It-s my belief (from experience) that the first 3 days of a quit are easy - after that it-s hell for 3 - 4 months. I cryed every time I had to go to the store knowing I could - but couldn-t - buy cigs. By 3 - 4 months I caved =(

Stay strong!
Hang in there and good luck to you.
I don-t recommend substitute drugs. that will make it worse eventually.
A friend of mine used fake cigarettes. u know.. made of filter and nothing else. apparently smoking through something like a filter alone can bring down the anxiety. drinking a LOT of water or tea is helpful too. because after quiting smokin you feel the need to have your throat busy all the time (don-t laugh I don-t mean that) so you might start eating more than before...
anyway... the best way is the healthy. all the rest would only work for a while.

hope this helps
Sorry I can-t help you. I-ve tried to quit so many times, I-ve lost count. I do remember though, the first month was the hardest thing ever !!
The -experts- say it only lasts for 2 weeks, but I-ll bet they never smoked, in the first place !!
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist as nicotine patches could help your mood swings and you could gradually reduce the use well done for your perseverance to date. good luck it is worth it.
If you are stressed..particularly at work....watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSFr01uAP…
and be thankful you are not this guy
It lasted a few months for me...but im stuck on nicorette now..and it-s almost gonna be a year! That damn stress can last a few months..me its ok now...just think about something else!
i think this will be smoking give it 6 weeks + think positively good luck
Meditate, practice yoga! It will make you relax
Just ride it out!
I stopped in june and i-m really cool now!
I remember that I had a dramatic personality change when I quit. Quitting was necessary for me and it was not easy. I needed a replacement for my smoking. I decided that I would learn to play saxophone. i went out - bought a used alto sax. I didn-t have any wind in me so I decided i needed to walk every night. Went out - got some good running shoes. Went to the track - tried to walk around - I got tired fast - it hurt in my chest - out of breathe, legs, arms, every where - even though it was barely the long side. I didn-t even get all the way around. I went back the next night. And the next night. After about 2 weeks, i was walking 2 - 3 laps - then quitting. I tried to blow that sax - made some very strange sounds. I still missed my nicotine - I was not very happy at work - even angry which is very much out of character. After a couple of months, I ran almost the entire straight - ran not walk - it hurt, burned, labored in my lungs - I walked a bunch of laps - quit. I wrote my number of laps on the calendar every evening and now it was to be split into W / R - 12 / 1/4 to start. It took almost 6months or more to finally run - jog / I was not fast - 4 times without stopping. My saxophone playing did not improve and someone didn-t like my music - the sax was stolen when someone broke in when I was at work. I didn-t get a new sax but I bought some better shoes - kept doing the walking - running. By the end of the year, I had been doing my daily evening walk/run 6 days every wk and I was now jogging 4miles - 16 laps - before I tired - walked. It was feeling good - I no longer had the desire for smoking. I had never been an athlete or jock when I was in school but at 35 yrs old - I quit - without realizing it I became a runner. I ran for 20yrs in 5Ks, 10Ks, half marathons - even a few marathons.

You will do OK since you have come this far.... 12 weeks is 1/4 of a year
I quit smoking 10 weeks ago and the stress is gettign worse? -