How did you manage to quit smoking? -

Thursday, January 28, 2016

How did you manage to quit smoking? -


If you-ve successfully managed to gve up smoking, please share your experiences and helpful tips with this nicotine junkie.
I used Zyban (wellbutrin) for a couple months. It was invaluable in making quitting tolerable, since I had to work and I couldn-t be exploding on people when the cravings got really bad!

I-ve heard mixed reviews concerning Chantix, it-s the newest smoking-cessation treatment out there.

Regardless of what medicine you use or don-t use, you have to WANT to quit! I went to a seminar where they showed an actual charred lung from a cadaver who had smoked. To me, that was HUGELY motivational. It really creeped me out to think that my lungs looked like what comes between two buns at Burger King...

Good luck! It ain-t easy, but it-s worth it!
~~No cigarette is going to do to anything but harm to you.

There are patches, gums, and now a new product called Smoke Everywhere. These are safer than cigarettes because there are no added chemicals or tar in them. They allow you to cut down slowly and quit for good. If you cant go cold turkey these are excellent choices.

There are also many smoking cessation groups available. Look for one in your area. It helps finding others to help you through and understands the misery you are dealing with while quitting.

When you are ready to be healthy, you will do it. Best of luck!~~

Cold turkey. It-s cheap, easy, and inexpensive. My husband smoked 2 packs for 25 years and one day just decided to quit. He had NO problem. 9 months later I was ready to quit. You have to want to quit.
I did it cold turkey. Sure, I missed the habit for a couple weeks, so I chewed gum.
That was 20 years ago, and the urge really went away after 2 weeks. I see it every day. A woman finds out she-s pregnant, so she quits. Another person finds out he has heart or lung problems, so he quits right then and there.
It-s all willpower. Just throw them away (you better wet them first!) and be proud to say, -I don-t smoke.- You know it-s a disgusting, stinky,
expensive, and DANGEROUS stupid habit. Here-s a star to get to you started. Congratulations!!!! :)
I decided that I wasn-t going to be a slave to nicotine anymore and put them down; never picked them back up and I smoked for 7 years. No gum, no patch, just quit.
How did you manage to quit smoking? -