I just quit smoking for the first time in 13 years. What can I expect from my body after all these years? -

Monday, January 25, 2016

I just quit smoking for the first time in 13 years. What can I expect from my body after all these years? -


It-s been 2 weeks. Basically the longest I-ve gone without a cigarette in the past 13 years is the length of a transatlantic flight.

So what now? I-d like to communicate with people who have gone through this... I am using the drug -champix- ,which is working better than expected, and I-m determined to stop.

What will these next couple months be like?
hey hans...

congratulations on 2 weeks that-s huge!!!!... symptoms vary from person to person.. but i will bet you are already finding that smell and taste are much sharper.. visual perception to can be clearer.. some experience temporary insomnia..

the big thing i found out early on is that i needed some sort of support, if nothing else than to answer such questions, as you are asking.. in addition i found that a support group gave me, well support..lol .. helped me through several tough times.. i attend meetings of nicotine anonymous both online and locally.. you are welcome at meetings smoking or not.. good luck on your quit. in the end there is simply no wrong way to quit..

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.



check out this site for more info, as well as local meetings

http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/


check out this site for several daily online voice meetings

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/voi…

It takes most people between 2 to 4 months before they stop thinking that they need a cigarette on a daily basis. It’s important to keep a positive attitude throughout your journey to stop smoking for good. Not allowing negative thoughts to enter your mind regarding smoking is extremely important to your success. It’s also important to stay away from other negative influences like other smokers who can’t respect your choice to quit. It’s important to believe in yourself and know that you can beat your tobacco habit.
You will feel anger, sweating - some depression.
But its only for few weeks. You just take healthy diet.

Don-t take even a cigerete if you really wana stop it otherwise 4get about it.
I just quit smoking for the first time in 13 years. What can I expect from my body after all these years? -