For those who have quit smoking? -

Friday, November 11, 2016

For those who have quit smoking? -


I am done with smoking. It stinks, its bad for my health and i turn into a major ********* if i dont have one every 2 hrs or so. Thats my main concern. Its not having a cig, but what happens to me when i dont smoke. I yell, scream, bite peoples head off. for those of you who have quit, what did you do to help you get rid of those problems? I also get major bad headaches. thanks in advance.
did u try Transdermal patch? 21mg patch will hold u for 24hrs. and for $35 u get 14 of them
Yes, you are obviously addicted to the nicotine if going without a cigarette for more than two hours can do that to you. As the other person suggested, get some nicotine patches. They have different strength ones, so you could actually wean yourself off the nicotine slowly.

But I suggest lots of sugarless gum and candies, because you really will need to have something in your mouth, if you can-t have that cigarette there.

When I quit, I had absolutely no problems going cold turkey, but I had left quitting so long that I couldn-t even walk for 5 minutes without threatening to pass out. Please make sure you quit long before you get to that stage.
I just did it cold turkey, from about a pack a day to nothing. I did it over a vacation, so I could just stay home and not take out my withdrawel symptoms on anyone else. The first few days were awful, as you can imagine. I was sick, had headaches, felt nauseous. I stuck with it, though.

Once I got through the physical symptoms (about three days), I had to deal with the psychological part of it. The hardest part for me was the oral fixation. It was calming for me just to hold a cigarette in my mouth. I replaced this by eating LOTS of baby carrot sticks. I carried a ziplock baggy full of them everywhere I went. Any time I got an urge to smoke, I-d grab a carrot. I ate a lot of carrots, too, ha ha! They also helped the snacking urge and subsequent weight gain problems that tend to go with quitting.

Lastly, I stopped hanging out with people who smoke. For those few friendships I didn-t want to end, I requested that they walk away from me when they needed to smoke. It helped to remove the temptation.

I-m three years smoke-free now. I still get urges from time to time. They never go away, but they do get lesser over time. Good luck with quitting!
I was that way myself when i tried to quit. this time i am using -CHANTIX- , it is kind of expensive, around $150.00 a month but you should only have to use for about 3 months and besides if you smoke as much as i used to (2 pks a day or better) it wont be any worse than buying smokes money wise. The hardest thing is filling your time with other habits. like i would smoke if i was board or driving. the nicotine is not a problem on this medicine... the filling your time is the hard part and not eating to fill your time. every time I tried to quits i was EVIL, not this time. and I have smoked for 24+ years. so good luck and ask your doc to give you a script for then. some insurance plans pay some of the cost if your set up on the tier system.
People usually trade one habit for another...
Cigarettes to chocolate, etc....
There are with drawls to ever drug addiction.
Most who were bitchy before they smoked
will take up that habit again..Switch to a
habit you can control. The cigarette that was
hardest for me to give up, was the one in the car.
I took up singing really loudly...beat the cigarettes,
and eventually gave up the bad loud singing.
I wish you lots of luck...This is not an easy one.
I also tried the Nicotrol Inhaler, which is like the patch but you get the nicotine only when you use it, it is kind of like smoking, as you have this plastic piece that is like a cigarette with a casing inside that has nicotine in it. You take -puffs- off of it to mimic having a cigarette..Good luck ...
For those who have quit smoking? -