How did you successfully quit smoking? -

Sunday, November 20, 2016

How did you successfully quit smoking? -


Its not just the nicotine. Its also the other 50+ chemicals they out in cigarettes. Also the main problem is habit.
We have been used to having body sensations which we translate as -my body needs something, which we have attempted to satisfy by having a cigarette.
When we try to stop smoking, we still get these -my body needs something- sensations, and we still feel that we want a cigarette. We have to train our body to be more selective. When we feel we need something, we have to work out what it is that we actually need.
A glass of water is an excellent substitute if nothing else comes to mind, as it helps with the clearance of the toxic substances in our body. Another good substitute is a bag of salted peanuts, used in combination with the water.
Another thing to do is to find an activity which occupies the mind or body. Go swimming - nobody wants to smoke while they are swimming. Slowly, as our body adjusts and translates the -want something- feelings into something other than cigarettes, then the feelings begin to go away. We know its not a cigarette that the body really needs, because as soon as we-ve had one we still have the feeling, and want another!
After smoking about a pack of Marlboro-s a day for twenty-five years I stopped cold turkey. That was almost five years ago. It was very difficult but I knew the longer I didn-t smoke the easier it would be to be a non-smoker.
I looked at the burning cigarette and envisioned the $5.00 bill I-d just spent on the pack burning in my hand.....
it worked - it was hard - but it worked
you could still smoke, but when you smoke, dont lit the fire, that way it will bore you and you won-t smoke anymore
watched my dad die of cancer the year before, got pneumonia (couldn-t smoke but man I tried!) after not smoking for 4 days I pushed the water for a week to flush the nic from my kidneys. Been smoke-free for 9 months and feeling wonderful! I realize I am a lucky man. Good luck.
It took me thirty years but I finally revised my thinking in 1999.
Never again !
Found out I was pregnant.
I decided not to let a piece of paper filled with toxic dried up leaves have any control over me.
I know two success stories. One was a gal who decided she wanted a one carat diamond ring more than she wanted to smoke. She started putting her cigarette money into her diamond jar. Got her ring. Last I heard she-s working on getting her fourth. She does it much faster now because the price of cigarettes has gotten so high.

The other was divine intervention. The gal did not intend to quit, but God decided differently. She was smoking outside a building and the wind came up so violently it blew the smoke she-d just exhaled back down into her stomach. Made her violently sick. A few hours later she tried to smoke again and got violently sick. She got the message. Hasn-t smoked since.
Regression therapy. Where are you located and are you interested to try the thechnique?
oh yeah right. i just read one answer and i am done. its harder than a person thinks. you cant just throw it down and never smoke again. people that say that have never smoked
the best way is not to start smoking at all...
if you are a smoker..then just drop the cigare...and say i wont smoke anymore and dont...
i never smoked but let me suggest something every time u smoke a cig lock urself in a closet and play a small world song over and over again 3 about an hour thats wut my mom did
How did you successfully quit smoking? -