How did you Quit smoking? -

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

How did you Quit smoking? -


Any tips?
my dad didn-t raise a quitter.
Theres many different ways that people quit smoking. One way to is just stop but the body still craves so you have to ask yourself, do you have the will power to tolerate it that manner. Others use the patch but they can be dangerous if you sneak and smoke anyways, raises the blood pressure. A newer way is to get your DR. to prescribe Chantix , a new drug that binds with the receptors in the body that makes you want the nicotine, instead of allowing the nicotine to bind, evetually your cravings decrease.What most people like about this drug is that that can continue to smoke for a couple weeks while the drug is getting in their system, in which it allows them to pick a date to quit and its myc easier. Please check with your Dr. to see if this the drug you should use.
I used the Nicotine patches and quit for 6 months before I started back up, on and off for a couple years. They really did work though, it is just hard having people smoke around you when cigarettes are still appealing. The hardest part of quitting is getting over the -smoking in your car, after meals, etc. The patch will ease the craving part, the mental addiction part is up to you. Good luck!
My husband and I quit together using the patch. We did not use the whole amount though. We used the strongest one for three days then the medium one for three to four days and the weakest one for a week. After that a lot of gum. It took about a month before we started to feel normal but we have both been non smokers for a year and a half. WOOHOO! You can do it too. You just have to have the want. Good luck!
I went to the doctor and she gave me an antidepressant to help with the feelings of panic and anger. I was so ill the first time I tried to quit without help that my wife said -Please go smoke -. I also kept a half of a pack to help with those crack-head type feelings of being without them. Eventually I threw them away. I have been smoke free for three years now. Good Luck and you CAN do it !
I used the patch for the nicotine addiction and I used Atomic Fireballs for the physical addiction - not very healthy, but the health benefits of not smoking more than make up for it.
i cut down gradually with the patch. and then i moved into a new city with new people who did not tolerate smoking. havent had a smoke for over 2 years!
My trigger was my car, so I kept a bag of suckers in there.

Suckers and gum helped me.
Then again, I had only smoked 3 years.

Good luck!
I quit cold turkey. Cutting back or using patches doesn-t work for me and I see it as a waste of time and money.
nicorette...it worked great...no cravings..
I quit by never starting.
How did you Quit smoking? -