Does anyone have a good way to quit smoking without nic patches or gum? -

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Does anyone have a good way to quit smoking without nic patches or gum? -


I stopped smoking the day my dentist said that I may have oral cancer. I made an appointment with my doctor for cancer test and I begged God that night before my test results that I would not smoke again if they came back negative which they did and believe it or not, that same night I was CRYING to God begging for just one more smoke !

Have not smoked since my dental appointment Sept. 19, 2006.
ya i have a good one......u should of never started!....durr!


Report Abuse



Cold Turkey just throw away your current packages.Its
the only safe way to quit. Nic patches and gum,mints have dangerous side effects,such as heart attacks,and strokes.
Nothing made me want to quit more than watching my beloved mother-in-law die from throat cancer. Trying volunteering at a cancer center or other establishment that helps care for these patients. You get the double bonus of being inspired to quit, coupled with giving back to your community.
Have a reason. Try it cold turkey, but have a purpose in mind. For me it was a hospital patient that has serious breathing problems due to years of smoking, she couldn-t even speak with out loosing her breath. I didn-t want that kind of ending for my life, and i didn-t want my kids to see it either. I just kept visualizing her everytime i wanted a ciggarette. You can do it, surely YOU are bigger and stronger that a 3 inch cigarette!
I know that it-s not something everyone can do,but I quit -cold turkey- after smoking for almost 27 years. I decided I wanted a brand new car instead,so now I use all that money I used to spend on smokes for my car payment. It-s been close to 4 years since I-ve had 1. Best thing I could-ve done for myself and my kids. Good luck,really.
Yes, don-t ever put a cigarette to your lips again.
Actually I found the book,-The Easy Way to Stop Smoking- very helpful. It-s only been 9 months, but the longest time yet for me. Good Luck
Does anyone have a good way to quit smoking without nic patches or gum? -