Ex smokers only please My husband and I want to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Ex smokers only please My husband and I want to quit smoking? -


My husband and I are very health cautious except for are nasty habbit, Im pretty sure it will be harder for him to quit then me. I would like to know some ways that helped you kick the habbit, I hate being a smoker and I want to live a long happy life. Its a hard addiction to be rid of.
Read this book:The Easy Way To Stop Smoking by Alan Carr
motivate each other, and encourage one another so you can live happier longer! the gum helped me
It has been a year last october since I had my last cigarrette. I smoked for 13 yrs.
Quitting is hard... but I think its the hype of how hard it is that plays a mental game on us. Its worth a few weeks of Hell to quit, you will save alot of money and help your health.

How I did it?? Well, I know you don-t want to hear this but the only way to do it is cold turkey. you need to distract yourself from the cravings. STRONG minty gum, will help you get the -breathy- feeling. I also reccomend hot tea and coffee to distract you... I had to go outside and sit with my coffee for 5 min brakes to soothe my mind.
I have tried other methods.. its just prolonging the inevitable... remember this, it takes only a few days to get away from the physical addiction, the mental addiction is what would cause you to smoke again. That helped me not give in to my weak brain too.
Smoking is one of the most difficult addictions to overcome. You can expect some severe stress, headaches, irritability, dizziness, edginess, and hunger. Some people experience diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and trouble sleeping.

Having said all that, you CAN kick it. A lot depends on how long you-ve been smoking and how strong your resolve is to quit. I smoked for MANY years. I found that the patch coupled with nicotine gum helped me. I know, the directions tell you not to mix the two. I-m telling you what worked for me. The patch took care of most of the normal cravings but a couple times a day in the first week it was either gum or a cigarette.

Also, think of when you smoke most and try to avoid those activities or places. For example, alcohol and cigarettes go well together. I avoided all alcohol and bars for the first two weeks.

There-s lots of help on line, from your doctor, and maybe the local lung cancer association.

Good luck. It-s tough but you can do it one hour at a time.
Well I personally have never smoked but I am the daughter of a smoker and also the younger sister of a smoker and the best thing out there to help you quit are the new prescription drugs that are on the market to help you quit. They end up making your stomache queasy and nauseuos whenever you try to light up a new cigarette. They are expensive but they helped both my long time smoking mom and my older sis both quit! Good luck
Read the information here and it may give you some help as to how you can quit. I know it-s harder than most think but I also know you can do it if you want. Make the decision to quit today.
Chantix...ask your dr for a script! It-s awesome!
I can tell you a way to help you quit smoking without using drugs. I have several friends that have successfully quit without having the usual ill effects usually associated with quiting (like gaining weight). See the Peggy Fleming video at
http://www.12weeks.info

I don-t know exactly why this works but it does. Not only will you have the benefits of quiting but your health will improve so rapidly, you may choose to keep using this great natural product from now on. If I can help more, write back to boatclub@go.com
Hello,
I do not smoke. I have been told that Wellbutrin is great for quitting. This is an Anti-Depressent, but it is used for this purpose to(Quit Smoking). The great thing is you should not gain weight with wellbutrin.
Please contact your Doctor/Nurse for further information. The doctor may have samples in the office free of charge to you.Your doctor is your best source of any health questions you may have.
my wife used the patch system. I think it took six weeks. three different strengths, each one weaker than the other. You may need a prescription and it is not cheap. Your insurance may pay for most of it if you are serious.
You can-t do it unless you are really motivated. good luck.
Only experience I have is using Wellbutrin to quit. I smoked for 14 years and tried this medicine and quit the first time I used it. The only side effect I experienced is a dry mouth every once in a while. I didn-t experience any cravings. I am still on the medicine until the end of next month. I haven-t had any cravings or a smoke since Jan 9th. I wish you both lots of luck.
Ex smokers only please My husband and I want to quit smoking? -