Whats the best way to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Whats the best way to quit smoking? -


I have smoked 40 yrs and was a 2 to 3 pack a day for the last three years , i just recently did the patch and slipped again and it seems like depression and nicotine with drawals all over and over helpppppppppp!!
first, you will have to want to quit! i know it sounds stupid, but you really truly are going to want to quit, especially as long as you have been smoking you will need a lot of will power!

second, stay away from nictoine gums and patches! your body does have nicotine receptor sites and it will feed them. so there is a plant called lobelia that will fill those receptors and act like nicotine. i will tell you in advacne it will nto completly stop the cravings but it will help. there are no side affects either, using lobelia

third, nicotine is probably the best stress relivers in the world, because it effects serintonin in the brain. so you will need to address that as well. there is a supplement called 5HTP, you can check any local health food shop or whole foods, it-s usually always in stock!

also drink a lot of water to help detoxify your system.

good luck
Cold turkey is the best way but many people can-t. You could try by cutting back on the number of cigarettes you smoke. Like every week cut back 5 more, then 5 more, and so on.
do something else with your hands and mouth. trying chewing gum or peppermints. try the nicotine gum and then start crafty projects or drawing. something that will keep you mind, hands and mouth busy.
cold turkey is the only way. it is going to suck...it-s going to make you hate yourself and hate your life...but when you-re done and over, you-ll never be so happy. imagine all the extra years you will get to spend with your family.
Try the blue cross blue shields program!
My husband quit cold turkey. We had small children and I asked him to please stop smoking and he did. He had smoked for over 20 years.
hipnosis
Ok Bonnie, I will tell you how I kicked the habit. I went to the doctor and he put me on ziban, so you start taking it and you can smoke your brains out for 10 days after that your brain takes you off the nicotine craving and you just quit, its that simple. Give it a try and see.
A book - Allen Carr-s Easy Way to Stop Smoking - trust me! After 25 years of smoking my partner gave up which meant I had to even though I didn-t want to. Tried a patch - lasted 5 hours. Bought this book and was sceptical but when I finished reading I just screwed up my smokes and chucked them out. That was 6 months ago and I can tell you honestly I will never smoke again. Do some research - read the reviews - most importantly read the book! If you are serious about giving up then you will give up with this method. I still can-t believe how easy it was - I had maybe one day of being cranky and now I-m free. Sometimes I can-t remember what it was like being a smoker and can-t believe that I was one for so long. I have no desire whatsover to smoke again. When I am around smokers the smell makes me sick. It-s like I-m brainwashed - it-s fantastic! What have you got to lose?
Figure out why do you smoke and find something else to cover for it. If you smoke because you-re bored, bring a book to read everywhere you go. Do you smoke because you are angry at someone and smoking prevents you from strangling them, get a punching bag.
my husband quit with the help of xyban [for the 2nd time]. he had tried many times before, with various methods, including xyban, but kept slipping. the last time he slipped he felt so guilty and horrid that he didn-t want to try again. finally a neighbor, [nurse], told us that there are several time frames when you seem to just hit a brick wall and thats when you are most likely to fail.
the first one is around six weeks, then four months and then you still get the urge every once in a while. every time my hubby failed it was at the four months mark, so the next time he tried to quit he knew what to expect and was better able to deal with it. it still wasn-t the easiest thing to do but it is quite a habit to kick.
he hasn-t smoke for five years now.
when i quit i quit cold turkey....................out of fear..............i had a bad cold and we went to a party and well you know, smoke smoke smoke......the next day i could barely breath. i quit right then, but apparently i was a -tad- grouchy according to my family. lol
keep trying....-cause you can do it...and just a little note: my husband quit in 2001. in 2002 he suffered a heart attack and stroke. the docs told him if he had still been smoking he would not have survived. so please do yourself, your family, your mate, your friends, a favor..........try again!
keepin- my fingers crossed for you
s.b.
How to stop smoking? Stop putting the cigarette to your lips and lighting it. ha ha.

On a more serious note, stop taking your failures so seriously. On average it takes most long-time smokers at least 20 tries before it sticks. First, you have to be able to conquer the addiction....that takes the body about 2 weeks to a month depending on how strong the addiction was. For me, it was like coming off heroin. I puked for 2 weeks straight.

Then after you have the addiction beat, you have to conquer the habit. That-s the hardest part. You quite literally have to change your lifestyle to make this stick. You have to find alternatives to your previous behaviours....i.e. smoking in the car, or at work, or going out with friends to a pub, or going to places where you could lite up. I still remove myself from a group of smokers and avoid situations where there might be smokers. I still crave it so bad and it has been 9 years for me....but I also know I-ll never smoke again.
Whats the best way to quit smoking? -