How did you alleviate the symptoms when you quit smoking? -

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

How did you alleviate the symptoms when you quit smoking? -


I kept myself busy. I took a class at my community college, never left my self too much down time.

here-s the way it was for me: smoking is a habit born of boredom. many of us start smoking in High school. We smoke before school, lunch, after etc. there is a lot of -hangout time- at that age, consequently we spend that time getting addicted to a habit at a time we feel our lives are going to go on forever, consequence free.

Later we justify it with the after dinner after sex reward. or a destresser etc.

I found if I got back to the root reason why I started in the first place, and took that reason away, It would work and it did.

It also helps to not hang around smoker while you are quitting. Don-t watch any movies with smokers or TV shows.

-cigarette free for 5 years.
Talk to your doctor about medicines that could help you quit. Nicotine Replacement Therapies are effective ways to help you cope with disturbing withdrawal symptoms. They come in many forms like patches, gum, lozenges, or inhalers. It would also help if you find some other activity to make you pre-occupied and make you think less of smoking.
ate ate ate and ate so much I could hardly get up to even light up a cig, now I-m 80 lbs over weight but I beat smoking cigs SUCCESS!! jk ;)
I had a friend use toothpicks and/or cinnamon sticks. Worked for him.
I was a pain for my friends and family but only fo a few days
alcohol
How did you alleviate the symptoms when you quit smoking? -