How do you quit smoking marijuana when youre addicted? -

Saturday, June 15, 2019

How do you quit smoking marijuana when youre addicted? -


I-ve been smoking since I was 17 and now I-m 28. I want to quit but only because I have children. Not for myself. Does anyone have any serious suggestions? A lot of people answer with smart remarks and I need an answer from someone who understands
Hey
Good question. Its hard. Smoking pot becomes a lifestyle and its difficult to give it up. The people I know who have done so successfully - and I know many such people - have done it one of two ways.
They quit cold turkey. They told their smoking buddies their reasons for quitting and asked them not to bring it over, and not to have it out when they were over, and made it clear they meant business.

This can be difficult. People will want to give you a hard time, tell you you-re not cool anymore, etc. But if you go this route, you-ve got to be firm - say what you mean and mean what you say - and if you lose these friends because of it then its the price you will have paid to make this decision in favor of setting a good example for your kids.

Others I know have set a goal - say by the end of the month - to quit. Thjis way they can taper off, practice saying no, etc., to get used to the idea. This also gives smoking buddies a chance to get used to the idea -and maybe some will agree that its time to stop.

Its a personality thing. Some people need to replace one addiction with another. (Hopefully it won-t be something just as harmful like cigarettes or overeating). It could be chewing gum, hard candies, peanuts - somrthing to reach for that would somewhat help in filling the void.

I hope this helps some. Whether our addictions re physical or psychological they are still hard to overcome.

I wish you great luck!
Marijuana is an addiction alot of people have a hard time accepting.
There are a lot of people like youreself going through this and would like to quit but arent taken seriously


http://www.detoxinsider.com/


that site is a site where people discuss their addiction to marijuana, and their success stories on how they overcame it.
It should help you find your method of quitting.
Its time people realize the addiction to marijuana
Well marijuana isn-t actually addictive, people just like the feeling and get used to it. If you find something that you can replace it with, even something as simple as a hobby or activity, that will take you mind away from it, you can do it.
Cold turkey.

The people who say it isn-t addictive are wrong, they-ve found that it is for about 8% of the population.

If that doesn-t work, people do stop by switching to cigarettes, but that-s a last resort, who wants to replace one bad habit with another?
Marijuana is not physically addictive. The best way to stop smoking it is to quit for 4 days and stay away from the dealers and the smokers. I-m 49 and smoked since I was 14. When you want to get high, drink a beer or two.
You don-t get addicted to MJ, you get addicted to the way it makes you feel. I used to smoke a lot too, but then I stopped being around the -bad- crowd and was fine. I didn-t -crave- it or anything. It-s more of a discipline on your part to stay away from it.
try cold turkey. it-s not that bad..
How do you quit smoking marijuana when youre addicted? -