How long does it take to quit smoking? -

Monday, June 17, 2019

How long does it take to quit smoking? -


I am trying to quit I havn-t smoked all day.
I-ve heard of a new drug out to help smokers quit. It-s really good.... according to what they tell us in nursing school.

Drug is called: Chantix

With this medication, it takes about 3 months to quit.

More information on Chantix:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stop-sm…


Hope that helps. 10 points?
How long does it take...one second. Once you decide....you have quit. End of story.
In my case, at the end of the second day I already stopped feeling the need to smoke. But it depends on how long you have been a smoker and how much you used to smoke. I-ve smoked 5 years and I was smoking a pack a day before I quit. You need to have an occupation all the time to forget about smoking, that will make it easier. Try to avoid thinking about smoking or talking about it, every time the thought comes to your mind, think about something else.

BTW, I quit in the middle of the new years eve party at 0.00 at night sharp and threw all the rest of cigarettes I had out the window. I had a very strong motivation to do it, wich definitely helped a lot

Congratulations on your decision and I wish you good luck!
Depends how weak or strong is the person.
Someone that is a strong can control hi/her body and mind.
this depends on you. I smoked two packs a day for years and quit over night.
you need to want to and then you-ll do it.
I heard that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints had a really good program that dealt with addictions. you may want to try them. that-s how my friend quit drinking and smoking.
I still have the habits of holding a cigarette in my hand when I hold a pen or a toothpick drives the wife crazy. I have not smoked in 20 years so if I can do it....you know the rest.
My dad quit smokign and it took him 20 years on and off and now he hasn-t smoked for 3 years
For some people it could only take a few days. For others it can take months or years. Each day you stay smoke free the better your chances of quitting for good. Way to go on giving up smoking!
How long does it take to quit smoking? -