As anyone tried the new tablets to quit smoking(CHAMPIX), iv just got them from my doctor, do they work? -

Monday, July 22, 2019

As anyone tried the new tablets to quit smoking(CHAMPIX), iv just got them from my doctor, do they work? -


cold turkey ........hard but it really works..........
They do work if you really want to give up smoking and us Champix with willpower. I know of 3 people who have tried them and all are back on the snouts even after completing the full course, best of luck.
please let me know if they do
i-ve had a lot of friends and family and take it with successful results, successful to the point where they dont want a cigarette anymore at all after just a couple weeks.
I used -Willpower- and it worked.
And cost me nothing :-)
My husband and brother in law and cousin all have been taking them and my husband has quit smoking after 3 weeks, my brother in law hasn-t smoked in a week and my cousin hasn-t smoked in 71/2 months now. They all say Chantix is great, but it gave them weird dreams.
yup of course the do, according to the drug company pfizer which is the biggest in the world, and costing the nhs millions of pounds,
the studies have shown it to be both effective ie it works compared to placebo and also very tolerable ie little or no side effects with it
Do you mean Chantix? If so, the only stats that I have are that about 40% of patients were able to quit after a period of a few weeks, as opposed to what I believe is about 18% on a placebo.
My Gran has been taking them for 3 weeks and has not had a cigarette since last Friday, she said she still gets the craving but nowhere near as bad, but she has found that the tablets make her feel a little sick just after she has taken them, but she said she sucks a mint sweet and it helps.

Good luck
No
After 40 years of smoking, my mum quit with champix after 2 days.

You can smoke while you use them, they are not a nicotine replacement.

She smoked the second day, and said it was disgusting, and hasn-t smoked (or coughed) since!
Do they work?????
BIG TIME!!!!
Everyone who wants to give up smoking should get them!
I have been taking them since early September and have not smoked at all (not even a crafty drag) since 09 September 2007.
Thats 8 weeks on Sunday 04 November - go me!
You have to want to stp smoking - but hey you-ve got a prescription for them so you must be serious.
1. Decide on a stop date
2. Keep smoking
3. Before you know it you will not know why you are smoking
and stop
The down side for me are the side effects:-
1. Queasiness
2. Indigestion
3.Dreaming - like nothing I have ever experienced
4. Flatulence
5. Waking up during the night
But hey I aint spending nearly £5 per packet on fags!
Hubby and I have both stopped with the help of Champix we no longer buy 70 fags a day - what a saving!!
The best bit???
We no longer Stink!!!!
Good Luck - you can do it!!!!!!!
As anyone tried the new tablets to quit smoking(CHAMPIX), iv just got them from my doctor, do they work? -