Is it normal to get sick after quitting smoking? -

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Is it normal to get sick after quitting smoking? -


I gave up cigarettes on 1/1/08. Now my lungs feel awful. Could just be a cold I guess but I am curious if that is what occurs when you quit. I only smoked a pack or two a week, but that was for twelve years.
it-s normal. your body isn-t used to not having all the smoke - nicotine. it-s like your body having a nicotine fit.
god bless
-stormy
I quit smoking about 2 months ago and some of the nausea and achy lung problems were almost enough to get me to reconsider. When you quit your lungs start a healing process to clear out all the crap you-ve deposited there. It does tend to make us ache. The nausea comes from a severe change in metabolism while headaches may come from stress or straight up withdrawl. However, given the duration of time since you quit (over a month) you probably have a cold. My first cold after quitting felt so awful. The achiness in my lungs was the same as when I used to smoke too much in a given day. It made me really want to start smoking again. Don-t know if that-s what you-re going through but give it a couple of weeks. If you don-t start feeling at least a little better, go and see a doctor if you can.
u should get help now (u may die) GET HELP UNDERSTAND
Your body has to readjust. Whenever we detox from anything...we can get -flu like- symptoms.

Good job....keep it up!
I quit after 8 years and i got a little sick also stress , mood swings , chest pains but its worth it . I fell better now alto better , even gained a little weight . Exercise helps the symptoms go away , don-t give up you already passed the hardest part to stop smoking all you got to do now is stick to it... Don-t let pressure break you trust me you-ll fell alto better....
I would imagine symptoms differ person to person. I-ve never heard of anyone getting sick unless they were on the patch and smoked lots either right before putting it on or right after.

Quitting cigaretts is the easiest thing to do... I-ve done it 3-4 times! (that was a joke) LOL Anyway, I noticed a short time after quitting I had a lot of flem to get rid of, constantly clearing my throat and spitting. (gross I know)

First it-s a physical addiction to get past.. then the emotional. It-s a tough road but if it-s what you really want... I mean REALLY want ...then you can do it.
This is part of the withdrawal process from the nicotine. Stick with it.
I think that is normal and your lungs are cleaning themselves out..Good Luck
My friend-s grandmother got really sick after she quit smoking had to start smoking again because of it actually.
Keep going, you-re almost home.
Yeah it-s part of it. Your lungs are trying to get rid of all the crap in there. I-ve known people that developed asthma after quitting too.
Is it normal to get sick after quitting smoking? -