I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and feel like im going through the DTs? -

Friday, July 26, 2019

I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and feel like im going through the DTs? -


Im on chantix and it helps but still feel nervous. Any suggestions to help get over it.
I find that breathing like I would if I were smoking a cigarette helps. You know in through pursed lips, hold for a few seconds, then out again through the mouth. I quit yesterday. I also run on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and that helps too. I think to myself, wow, soon I will be able to run faster without getting winded!
Ask dr for an anit anxiety drug to help with withdrawel

I used Ativan it was cheap
What?....what did you stop smoking???
Congradulations!!I know how hard it is but please hang in there! I quit about a year ago.I found that doing yoga helped me.The deep breathing and relaxation helped get me through.Just dont give up!You`ve made it this far.
ask you Doc. about Bupropion (Wellbutrin) it worked great for me! i quit Jan. 3rd of this year, for about a week i felt a little edgy, but then i would just go right to the weight bench or do something active and i felt fine......i feel great now! You can and WILL get through this and you will feel great! I promise.
Please whatever you do, do not go back to it! I quit for six months and then went back to it. You are going through dt. Your body craves the nicotine and the feeling that it gives you. You will also find that for the next six months you will be coughing up brown mucus. Your body is trying to get rid of the -nasties- that has built up in your lungs from the inhalation. All of this is normal and it will pass in several months. Each day gets better and you will have cravings at times when you are around those who smoke, see peeps on tv smoking and when you do activities that involved smoking; ex: going out...In time, these cravings will be nothing more than a habit. And habits are heard to break..but you can do it!
3 Weeks...Congrats keep up the good work...we quit 8 months ago...and to tell u the truth it was pure #### for a few months...but it got better as time went on...i had smoked for 19 years and my husband for even longer...now we feel so much better and treated ourselves to a trip to Vegas with the money we saved from not buying cigarettes...
I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and feel like im going through the DTs? -