I just quit smoking yesterday, are all of these symptoms normal? -

Sunday, September 15, 2019

I just quit smoking yesterday, are all of these symptoms normal? -


I just quit smoking yesterday cold turkey after smoking for 19 years. I was a very light smoker and I didn-t think it was going to be that bad. I smoked less than 1/2 a pack a day so not even 10 cigarettes a day. I feel really bad, this is my 2nd day without a cigarette and I-m doing ok but I am having horrible symptoms. I have a horrible headache, my whole body aches, my throat hurts, I kept waking up all night last night and I am very irritable and just aching all over. I feel a lot of pressure in my head. I am definitely not going back to smoking if my body is so dependent on it like it was. It is a great feeling to be quit but when are these symptoms going to go away? I took some Ibuprofen for the headache but it doesn-t help. And I feel so tired. Anyway, if anyone could help, that would be great.
It seems a little extreme to me. When I quit smoking (after 11 years of being a light smoker) I did not experience any of those symptoms, just a psychological craving. Even that decreased a lot after about 3 days and went away completely after about a week.

BTW congratulations on quitting! Don-t give up; whatever it is that-s making you sick will go away and you will still be a non-smoker!!
Well, I am not sure if these symptons are related to you not smoking anymore. I stopped smoking and I never had any of those symptons.
Maybe you are getting sick with the flu or something else besides your quitting to smoke.
Maybe go and see a doctor.
Drink alot of water, that should help in a couple of days it will start to get easier.
I quit smoking Aug. 01,of this year. I smoked 1 pack a day for 30 years. I quit by having laser therapy the girl who does it works in my store. I-m also having bad side effects. I-m not having with drawls but I do experience headaches,sore throat,burning in my nostrils and sinus tubes,dizziness,trouble sleeping and irritation.It has only been 3 weeks so I am trying to be patient. Like you I will never go back to smoking again. Yesterday I went to the store and when I came out I smelled someone smoking and WOW did it ever stink.My sense of smell is getting better. I have been taking a multi-vitamin with extra vitamin C I don-t no if it is helping but I am finally not feeling to bad today so far anyway.
Don-t start back up , your brain is trying to get you to reward it with nicotine by making you suffer , the longer you go the easier it gets .
ask the doctor
I smoked for 17 yrs and quit about 4 weeks ago. The physical symptoms should go away in about a week but the physiological symptoms will last probably about 3 months or more. I have been using Nicolette and it has helped with the cravings and physical need for the nicotine. Just stay strong, you can do it. Yes our symptoms are normal.
Drink lots of orange juice... all your symptoms are related to the breaking down of your immune system, vitamin C is the main defence for all of them... Congratulation for the quit....
im sorry that you are feeling so horrible, but i guess this really shows how harmful cigarettes are to our body. I think you have to pull through this. smoking is bad! have determination and courage to quit it! you are on your way to success! just bear with it for the time being. stay positive and look at the brighter side of life
Perfectly normal. Drink a lot of water, it takes at least 3 days to wash it out of your system, then about another week to get the nictotine out of your liver. Lots and lots of water :)
Yeah, that is common... you might get some nicotine gum for a while. Drink some caffeine such as coffee and see if the headache goes away. The aching is puzzling... you may be coming down with the flu.
Those are the same symptoms I had when I tried smoking.
This is normal, just keep holding on, it will stop soon.
I just quit smoking yesterday, are all of these symptoms normal? -