My husband quit smoking after 60 years of smoking. ? -

Monday, September 2, 2019

My husband quit smoking after 60 years of smoking. ? -


My concern is he still takes 100 cough drops a week. He use to say that they help him breath better when he smoked, so for the past 5 years he-s been taking the cough drops with his cigarettes. He quit smoking 3 months ago and I-m wondering if it is safe for him to continue with the cough drops. My question is, could they do him any harm?
It really depends on what is in the cough drops. Different kinds have different ingredients (some have some medicine in them, while others are just soothing honey and lemon, etc.). Look at the ingredients on the kind he uses and ask your doctor about it. I doubt it really helped him breath better back then though. I suspect it was just a placebo when he smoked, and now it-s a habit that has taken the place of the cigarettes.
Please go and ask a professional/Doctor.
My husband quit smoking after 60 years of smoking. ? -