Ok, Is their anybody that has a sure fire way to quit smoking other than the patch or gum.? -

Monday, September 2, 2019

Ok, Is their anybody that has a sure fire way to quit smoking other than the patch or gum.? -


please help if you have any input other than just quit because I-ve tried and my nerves will not allow me to.
Thanks
First you have to have it in your heart and in your mind that you really want to quit. unless you make a lifestyle change you won-t make it. If you have it in those two places then you have made the first step. This is going to sound crazy but when I quit I decided that I was going to do it on my own and cheap and I wasn-t going to get fat doing it. What I did was I always kept a 1 liter bottle of water in my hand. Any time I felt the urge to smoke I drank water until the urge passed. Sometimes I thought I was going to drown, and I had to pee every 15 minutes for a while, BUT I think that the water helped flush the nicotine out of my system fster because I didn-t get the jitters or cranky and the like. It took about a week of drinking about a liter an hour and peeing about 40 times a day before I quit thinking about wanting to smoke. If your heart and mind are in the right place you will do whatever it takes to accomplish your goal. Good Luck and God Speed!
that sounds like it should work and she has a point


Report Abuse



TRY CHANTIX ASK YOUR DR- ABOUT IT-


Report Abuse



Drink alot of water it takes the cravings away. They say the cravings last as long as it takes to smoke, Just keep on drinking water. I wish you the best of luck. It-s not easy.
Might ask Dr for anti anxiety drug like ativan
I quite on Nov. 05,2006 this year.It has taken much work for me this time, it is now my 2nd time I have quit in my life time. I had a very good Dr. to work with me we started by finding that I had huge Anxity so we started there then moved to the Depression that I was so unaware that I had and treated it with Welburtin 2 x a day and then I had to call and tell here that we were still missing 8 hours of my day and once we moved me to 3 doses a day it became a little easier to achive. I have worked on this for 2 years now and have managed to quite for the last time.You must remeber that it will take practice to be a non-smoker just like when you became a smoker!
I forgot to tell you I live with a smoker who has not a clue what COPD really is!
But all in good time, he had to watch me take a breathing treatment today in ER. The Biggest secret there is, is you, how much can you learn about why you like to smoke??? Me oh that is easy now but at one time I had no clue at all. So for me it would be the weight control, anxity and depresion, that little pick me up I needed every few hours, pain releafe for me as I have deterating disk disease oh and by the way that was caused by smoking(Per my surgeon) as well as the tooth loss(Per the many dentist trips) I now have at 43. So you need to know why you smoke go buy you a special notebook that will be your Descover Yourself Notebook buy your favorite color or cartoon, I love Phoo!
You must learn to be patient with yourself it may not happen all at once be forgiving of any slips you may have because as long as you learn each time you try the next time it will get a little easier and a little longer between times you smoke and don-t forget to reward yourself for each little babby step you do. I buy things that I can wear and then share with the girls at work why I bought it and I still keep a calender of each day checked off as it goes by unsmoked (today is #47) and people at work will ask me what day I am on.
Let me know how it is going and if I can be of any help. You can email me on the weekends at coffeeplease@sbcglobal.net.
PRAY HARD!! That-s how I quit 17 years ago (never relapsed) after smoking for 19 years or so. I was smoking 3 packs a day. I tried filters, patches, gum, hypnosis and acupuncture -- none of which worked.

Be aware that you will go through withdrawal (first 72hrs). That is how long it takes your body to clean itself of nicotine. After that you will not be physically addicted, but you will still have the -habits- that go with smoking. -- Find something else to do with your hands when you are nervous. I used sunflower seeds.
This book worked for my friend:
Escape from nicotine country : how to stop smoking painlessly
by James Christopher

This health approach has worked for millions of people:
http://www.thebreathefreeplan.org


The other answers are great, too. Remember, everybody stops smoking sooner or later. The people who love you will be so glad you chose -sooner.- (Four of my friends have died already, and another is in the hospital right now... )
Yes I do know how to quit once and for all. I smoked for about 25 years and was smoking 2-2.5 packs a day when I finally quit. While I was beginning to quit my mother became ill with Ovarian Cancer as well adding quite a bit of personal stress and grief to my life at the time,but after she died I was able to quit and here is the simple way I did it. Note it is not pain free however.

I began to stop smoking with a plan, First I set a date and prior to that date I began to limit how ofen I could smoke, setting longer intervals between each cig as a beginning. Then I trew out all my ashtrays and any smoking accessories lighters ect.. I also got a prescription for the patch and on my last night I tossed the last couple of smokes (some people actually smoke the extras, not a good idea). I put a patch on and went to bed. This was 5 days after my mother passed.

The next day I got up and yes I wanted one but resisted, I used the fact that the greatest gift I could give my mother dead or alive was to quit to help.

Ok so what was my secret... I suffered terribly as you will however this time I made sure to really feel my wihdrawl pain and it was bad. Everytime I wanted a smoke I asked myself do I really want to have to go though this pain ever again? My answer then and now is F%%% NO!! I knew if I started ever again I would need to quit again someday and in all honesty I do not like to suffer.

So I used that pain and suffering to not have -just 1 smoke- and continue to quit as otherwise I would prolong the pain. Today I have not smoked for about 9 1/2 years, once in a blue moon I feel the urge to have a smoke but just ask my self -do you ever really want to have to quit again?- Since I don-t it is just a minute or two and the desire passes. So it can be done, it is hard, it is painful, you will suffer. but by God it is worth it. And yes I know that I gave my mother the best damn gift I could ever give her as well.

Take the time to love yourself buy yourself a nice dinner with the money you saved. It is best to stay away from things closely related to smoking. Take a warm bath when your craving, ask for your friends support mostly if they do smoke. Oh and if you live with a smoker ask them to quit with you or to at least help you by smoking outside from now on. Don-t force them but ask them out of love to help.

Good luck, it can be done. But remember every painful moment and don-t let yourself forget, it just takes 1 cig to make you go through it all again.

Peace
Hire Me, I-ll follow you around with strict physical disciplinary action if you try to smoke plus verbal moral support to help your mental state.............DEAL or NO DEAL?
I-m not trying to put you off but here is a way to do it guaranteed. Pray,and ask at least 3 people who are really into prayer to pray for you. Ask God to give you strength to resist, ask God to help you and then totally, I mean totally rely on Him and you-ll be days ahead of the patch or gum. I-m truly not trying to be offensive, but this will work. The Bible says, -Cast ALL your cares on Him for He cares for you.-
Nobody has a 100% effective way to stop smoking, it-s not an easy thing to do, however, there are many different products on the market to help people, each of which with a different rate of success in general, and for each person.
There are patches and gums and inhalers, there are pills and devices to help you time your cigarettes and gradually wean yourself. There are support groups - you name it and it-s probably out there.
If you-re trying to quit and having a lot of trouble, talk to your doctor, he can help you find a way that may help you.
Theres a prescription drug called Zyban which works extremely well. Myself, and 4 friends have successfully quit smoking after years of doing it.
The only side effect we noticed was a few bad dreams, but they-re definitly worth quitting for
Ok, Is their anybody that has a sure fire way to quit smoking other than the patch or gum.? -