How can I quit smoking I tried everything from patches,gum etc? -

Thursday, December 12, 2019

How can I quit smoking I tried everything from patches,gum etc? -


I tried so many times I am 48 and went through the change of life I already gained 20lbs don-t want to gain anymore Help ..........
you quit smoking by not lighting up a cigarette and smoking it. But, that can take several tries before it happens. I quit 6 months ago for good, but the first time I quit was 10 years ago. I also was afraid of weight gain, so I joined a gym the day I quit smoking. I go every day, and haven-t lost a pound. HOWEVER, I didn-t give up any foods, drinks, etc...I eat everything I want to (for now, until I feel like I can tackle that issue, too) and I just look at it like -hey, I didn-t gain any weight, either-. I-m much more fit, and most importantly, I-m not scared everytime I have a pain that I-m gonna have a heart attack, or die from smoking. All you can do is substitute your smoking with something healthy. When you-re ready, you-ll do it. I-d say good luck, but you won-t need it.
Well, when my dad had a heart attack, they went cold turkey on the smoking. I think you should do that, and to take your mind off of smoking, get some of those soft pepperments and eat them whenever U want to smoke. Thats what my mom did
If it-s an option for you, talk to your doctor. When I was younger I tried Wellbutrin and for me, it worked. It-s a depression medication but it-s also used to help people quit smoking and I found that it really took the urge away. I don-t know that it would work for you, number one thing to have is the will power to really quit.
Have you tried this?
Have you tried quitting cold turkey?
Have you ever tryed buying ciggerets that you defantly don-t like or cant stand smoking them. What you do is after you purches them limit you self to about 6 a day. When you really need one. Then eventually after awhile cut that amount to 4 or something. You will find that you really won-t want that because it not what your looking for or dosn-t turn you on. It will also help rig your body of the need for nicatien at the same time. Eventually you won-t want or have the need to smoke. It is a lot cheaper to try then the other things you have mentioned. You should give it a try and let us know how it was for you. Good luck..........
some places have non-smoking clinics. try those.
While working as a consultant in a drug rebah unit of a hospital as an RN/consultant - I was amazed at how many of those recovering drug addicts who said that cigarettes were much more difficult to stop than crack or cocaine.

Hang in there...and keep trying.
I just did a search around the web for pictures and written descriptions of what smoking can do to you. I then quit without looking back.
How can I quit smoking I tried everything from patches,gum etc? -