Quit smoking? -

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Quit smoking? -


Ok I turned 40 on tuesday and I have smoked for 22 yrs...I decided when I turned 40 I was done....I have not had one since Monday night and I feel like crap....I want to have a smoke but I know if I do I will go right back to a pack a day....any suggestions? My jaw hurts sooooooooo bad from chewing gum.....I know this will pass but right now it is really bad
First of all, congratulations on taking this huge step. As an ex-smoker, I really know how difficult quitting smoking can be. My advise to you is to stick it out, do not have one, thinking you can just have one. That is a trap that you do not want to get into if you are serious about quitting. Keep doing what you are doing. I used to chew on straws. I would get the oral satisfaction of having something in my mouth, I could chew on it, and I could use my hands to play with it in my mouth. It really helped, you should have seen the back seat of my car, covered in chewed up straws! lol OK I know that sounds gross, but it got me through and now I have almost 4 years of not smoking under my belt.
Oh yeah, feeling like crap is normal the first few weeks. Just accept you will feel like crap and don-t think about what you can do to get rid of the feeling (i.e., smoke just -one- cigarette, etc). It will pass, I PROMISE. But I won-t lie, it is going to be really tough going for a while yet. HANG IN THERE! If I could do it, anybody can do it.
And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
Exercise. I worked out every day when i quit and it worked. Remember if you don-t have one for 21 days you are all set. Good Luck i guarantee you will feel better soon.
I quit 1 year ago. At first I used commit, and I only used it for a few weeks. After that I went to hard candy like pepperments and cinnimion dics and I used them for a long time. Thenthose got old so I started eating mentos the mint kind and well that was costing me alot of money so I started using candycanes. I dont really need anything anymore. I am glad I quit. Yeah I have gained weight but now I am in the mists of losing it . Keep trying and dont go back
Wow your doing great! I quit smoking for lil over a year and I would chew gum and had peppermint candy-s, like those icebreaker kind. Since your going to be on your second week already, your cravings are all down here from now. It will get easier as each day passes.
Try to keep your self busy so you won-t think about it. When I quit I would dust everything the house over and over..lol
I-m sure you have a hobby you can get back into.
Smoking takes up a lot of time out of your daily life. Now you can take all that extra time and do what ever you been putting off to do.
Good luck to you!!!
This sounds more like a confession than a question. Try the patch or nicorette gum, I just recently the cinnamon..tastes pretty good. I-ve also have friend who-ve used Chantix( ask your doc for a free sample ).If you smoke after you-ve had the patch on for about 6hrs, they taste like crap. Ultimately it-s up to YOU these just get you started you-ve gotta break from your old habits and sort of re-wire yourself. By the way if your jaw hurts from the gum, you-re probably chewing like it-s going out of style. Try the Chantix you actually ween yourself off the smokes.
Quit smoking? -