Which day was the hardest when you quit smoking ? -

Friday, September 4, 2020

Which day was the hardest when you quit smoking ? -


Was it the first day ? Second ? Forth ? Were you still in contact with people who smoke ?
Mark Twain said: -Quitting smoking is easy. I-ve done it a thousand times.-
Like Mark Twain, I-ve quit several times. The longest I lasted was three years.
Each time, I-ve found that the third hour, the third day, the third week and the third month were the hardest.
I-ve gone back after three hours, three days and three weeks.
When I quit for three years, it was a non-smoker who got me hooked again. My non-smoking friend and I went fishing. He brought along a pack of cigarettes, intending to only smoke while fishing. By the end of the first day, he had had a couple of them; I-d smoked half the pack. By the time we were driving home on Sunday afternoon, I had to stop and buy my own supply.
It-s an awfully addictive habit. I hope to try kick it again soon. I work in an environment where no one else smokes (at least not publicly). And, I have very few smoking friends left.
My sister says the first couple weeks, when you just quit. Your extremely irritable. It helps to not to go out and party, or for a long drive, because that-s when you seem to crave one the most.

She-s been smoke free for a little over a month.
Probably the third or forth, they say days 3-5 are the hardest because that-s when the nicotine has left your system, it gets easier gradually after that.
Which day was the hardest when you quit smoking ? -