People who have quit smoking ? -

Monday, November 9, 2020

People who have quit smoking ? -


Do you remember when your immense cigarette cravings stopped.

When did the anger stop?

If you have sucessfully quit, did you try many times before. Did the succesful time seem different to the failed attempts. (i-ve had about 5 failed attempts)

I-ve stopped now for 4 and a bit days. (i think i quit for just over a week once before i gave in) For some reason this time, i know i can quit - and i know i-ll never have a cigarette again!
I quit after having pneumonia for three years in a row. During the time I was sick I couldn-t smoke and didn-t. When I started feeling better, the first thing I wanted was a cigarette. How stupid. I knew that if I could go without a cigarette for a week, I was over the physical withdrawal and the rest of the habit was in my head.
So, I put my cigarettes in the glove box of my car. Anytime I absolutely couldn-t stand it any long, I would go to my car, light the cigarette and take two puffs off it. (this was during the winter) Two puffs is all the nicotine your body needs, the rest of the cigarette doesn-t really do anything for you as far as habit or a fix is needed.
Then I put it out but kept it for the next time. I found that by doing this, I controlled the cigarettes, not them controlling me.
I also found that the length of time between light ups got longer and longer until one day I realized I hadn-t smoked at all for over a month. I left the pack in the car though, so that I still had control over them. Then one day, when I couldn-t stand the smell of a cigarette anymore, I tossed them.
I-ve been smoke free for 8 yrs now and HATE the smell. So I know this is lifelong for me.
No desire to smoke, don-t miss it or anything.

Oh, but I did chew gum for quite a while afterwards but don-t do that much anymore.

Good luck.......and remember, you have control over the cigarettes, not visa versa.
I went to Smoke Enders and stopped June 13, 1978.

-You-re a puff away from a pack-a-day-

Don-t test yourself. Even one will hurt.
I tried several time before I completely quited smoking. Anger was the top withdrawal symptom in my case.

I used a natural remedy -Crave-RX-. It was good in reducing nicotine craving and withdrawal symptoms. No harm in trying it since it is harmless and very effective. Good Luck!!

Visit the following source for further info.
I quit about 2 months ago. I have cheated a few times, taking one hit off a freinds ciggy, but otherwise smoke free. I still crave it sometimes. But everyday it gets easier.. and the best part about it all is I dont cough anymore and can smell everything! Good Luck to you- you can do it!
look up quitting smoking tips and see what might help u
usually 3-4 days is the peak for craving and irritability, my cravings stopped after about 2 months, i quit twice before and the 2nd time was a few years but when i started back i just smoked once in a while now im ready to quit for good- before i ate suckers, i had pretzels and light snacks to constantly munch on, went for walks- i-ve heard alot of people stop having symptoms after 3 weeks (it was like that for me) keep in mind what it does to your body, how u don-t have to depend on it, you-ll save money and breathing will be better, doing that helped me- good luck!
I smoked when I was in high school, unfortunately.

Then I decided I wanted to go a religious college that did not allow smoking. So I said, Fine, I can quit.

I put them down and never picked one up again. I never had cravings or anger.

You just have to inform your body that this is the decision you-ve made, get used to it.
I stopped for several times, but each time I stopped for a longer period. At the last time I used a special chewing-gum. When you used it and you smoked afterwards, the cigarette tasted awful.
Try it over and over again. If you really want it, you will succeed.
Good luck!!!
I only had mild cravings for about a week. No anger. No help. Just made up my mind to quit.
It-s been nearly 3 years I have been giving up and I still have the cravings unfortunately! i would love to have a cigarette but I also know that I if i try again I will be hooked and it was so hard to give it up that I d0nt want to have to go through this process again. And it is bloody too expensive anyway!
And of course I am now much healthier!
People who have quit smoking ? -