How do I get my mom to quit smoking? -

Sunday, October 23, 2005

How do I get my mom to quit smoking? -


She wont stop. She said she was for my birthday but she started again. How do I get her to stop? Whats in a cigarrete? What products can she use to help her?
My mom smoked to and yesterday was her 20-day not smoking anniversary and she stopped like this:
she ate more so she wouldn-t have the desire to smoke
we encouraged her everyday and promised a party for a whole month of not smoking
we didn-t give her a chance to smoke
and she saw me when she smoked and saw that every time I was coughing because I REALLY don-t like that smoke...
She won-t stop until SHE is ready and willing to stop
hypnotherapy works well, better the the Nicorette gum or the patches
get her nicotine patches or the gum and when she is runnin low in cigarrete go with her 2 get the gum or patches instead of the cigarretes but its about being patient because smoking is not that easy 2 give up because the nicotine helps relax u more like (stress) and it is also addicting after a while
Hi,

Great post! Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I-ve ever done in my life, and I thought I wasn-t addicted!

Here-s what I tried before finding success: hypnosis, those fake cigaretts, the nicotine patch, and group therapy....none worked.

I finally tried this HERBAL patch I bought 6 months ago on the net. They claim a 97% success rate. Well, it worked! They had a sweet deal which was a free 10 day trial for only $3.95 including shipping (it-s regularly $53 for 10 days)!!

I don-t know if they still have that deal, but it-s worth a try.


http://www.alllsite.info/stop-smoking-fr…


Good Luck
nicotine gum and the nicotine patch
take all her cigarettes and cut them up then throw them away
find pictures of lungs of a person that has smoked and put them somewhere where she-ll see them
tell her to eat some addicting candy like chocolate whenever she feels like smoking
don-t speak to her until she stops smoking
At least she has you as a deterant. Good luck. Alot of people don-t have anything to fight the smoking disease....
This is a little childish but it works you go to a joke shop and get these little looks like pencil len things and you stick them in your moms cigs they will small nasty taste nasty and shell throw them out
I am a mom who smokes and my daughter is always bugging me about stopping. I understand why she wants me to stop but in your moms defense quitting is the hardest thing to do. I would suggest having a serious talk with your mom about why you want her to quit. Don-t nag her about it. Be patient and supportive , suggest her trying the patch or nicotine gum and most of all when she does try quitting be there for her and try not to upset her too much while she is going through the withdrawal period. Good luck to both of you.
I have a really neat email i could send you that might help. It-s a painting on the ceiling of a designated smoking area. Hard to explain, but if you give me your email address i-ll forward it to you. good luck :P
start 2 smoke
How do I get my mom to quit smoking? -