What is the best method to quit smoking? -

Thursday, October 6, 2005

What is the best method to quit smoking? -


i need help!!!!!!!
you need to mentally prepare yourself for it. Think about the fact that youre going to do it and the things you will do to keep yourself busy, Then go out and buy the patches, (the steps depend on how much you smoke now)let them sit somewhere that you can see them all the time, then set a date, get rid of all smoking materials and stick to the date. The patches help with the cravings but its the habit that will get to you the most,esp since smokers tend to smoke after eating, while driving, on the phone, on break at work, its very hard and I still get the craving for one but I think about my family and one day not having to walk around with an oxygen tank or not being able to breathe. I have been smoke free since december 19 and im very proud of myself, I reward myself with many little things that I enjoy. Yes there were times where i would start crying like a baby b/c I wanted a cigarrete so bad but now I know that I wont have to go through that again and I know Im making the best choice for me. If I dont take care of myself nobody is going to take care of me.
Wait until it gives you cancer! That will make you quit! That is what stoped my dad!
I quit cold turkey. Everytime I got the urge I spoke out loud to myself, -My body is the temple of Lord. He said not to destroy it.I have power to deny the flesh. It does not rule me, I rule it. This urge to smoke will only last for a few minutes but sickness in my body from smoking will last longer and possibly even unto death-.

That-s how I quit. I only had to say that a few times. After that not only was I convinced but my body was convinced. I didn-t want to die from a little cigarette.

You must speak it out loud so that you can hear it and get it into your spirit. You shall have what you say and you do what you believe.

I believed I could have the victory and I did.
Self determination and self control
Somethings are more sucessful for some people than others. My father smoked for 35 years. He went to a hypnotist, and hasn-t smoked a day since. That was over 10 years ago. He went to a seminar where the guy hypnotized the whole audience. If that doesn-t sound like something you want to try I suggest asking a doctor about it. If you try several methods and they don-t work there are even medications that can help. I know Wellbutrin is often prescribed to help quit smoking. I believe it helps eliminate cravings. I believe there are also prescription drugs that make the cigerettes taste awful, but I might be wrong on that.
if you are really serious about qutting, you can do so...
I basically support the answer Rangel gave. I would also like to add that if you can-t quit it despite knowing what harm it causs to you,try and think abot its lethal effect on your loved ones. Though innocent,they get affected viciously(even if that-s not ostensible)siply because you are unable to muster the necessary strength. So charge up! I-m sure that you can! Best of luck!
just quit. i know a man who smokes 3 packs a day, when he decided to quit, he just did. there are no sure methods. just believe in yourself and pray. i know you can...
Don-t smoke instead of that kiss a girl
Two method to get the rid from smoking.1st is for those people who -ve strong will power- 2nd for those who are taking their life casually.loll
1.Go to the temple or church or masgid,see in the eyes of lord constantly ,then sunddenly after some time take a oath or swear-i will not touch it,if i do, then at that instant only you take my life-. i know what will happen to you after some day ,again you eager to smoke but do one thing take a bike or car start driving it for long root,you feel that you will go on mad,you feel like a crazy but above all these silly things remember that temple, thatspirit ,remember the eyes of god .if then also you are unable, then start eat mud or water or grass in the jungle.if you can pass this stage then you are sure what you are?.but do exactly what i had written.
2.Never think you want to quit smoking,never hate ,but never invite also to anyone for smoking.smoke twice or thrice in a day but alone.And when you came at this stage,then start sit with those person to whom you like -respect most ,in front of which you are unable or you never feel to smoke - enjoy the environment by jokes etc.If then also unable to quit then smoke twice in a day, but remember always far away from that stretch to quit the smoking.
What is the best method to quit smoking? -