What is the best way to quit smoking besides going cold turkey? -

Saturday, October 15, 2005

What is the best way to quit smoking besides going cold turkey? -


set a date and cut back one cigarette each day until you are down to none.
The best way is going cold turkey. It only takes 72hrs. for nicotine to get out of your system. After that your withdrawl symptoms are mental. Go to the website www.whyquit.com and check it out. It is a great site with tons of support. It really helped me . If you use nicotine patches, gum or any of that other bs it just prolongs the agony. JUST DO IT!! Good luck
a support system! tell everyone around you that you really want to quit. It helps because you don-t want to be seen as a quitter by your loved ones.
I just quit 4 months, two weeks ago. I started with the goal setting and medication. It worked but I soon dropped the meds cause they made me feel spacey. I was on wellbutrin, the anti-depression med mostly used on woman. It also helps to not drink if you do and hang around friends that don-t smoke. Tell everyone you know if your serious about quitting. It feels good to have everyone cheer you on! I smoked for 14+ years before quitting.
Hi, just some thoughts OK,,
You need to want to quit smoking and not because of the money or anything like that... Spending more money on something you don-t want to give up is just is just a wast of time. I love to smoke but my body wont take it any more..
No, I-m not on oxygen or have a tube up my noise..
I had to give it up for the biggest reason ( You need air to live) and I-m not trying to be hard just real..good luck.

http://becomeanonsmoker.com/quit-smoking…

Free quit smoking course as its different for everyone.
There is none. Find the will power and go cold turkey.
1. Set a date and smoke your last one
2. Trow out ashtrays, lighters, etc.
3. When you feel the urge to smoke: take a walk, eat some fruit, exercise
4. Avoid smokey places for a while and people who do

It only takes 48 hours for the nicotine to leave your body. The rest is just the battle of the oral habit. I smoked for almost 20 yrs. I have been smoke free for 3.5 yrs. I still have carvings but they pass. I use toothpicks and straws to overcome the oral habit. I-ve know people who have used drugs, the patch, etc. but it hasn-t helped. The drugs can have side effects and the drugs won-t get rid of the oral habit.
Good luck.
Wear one of the patches they sell on pharmacies.

My sister did years ago and even when she has felt tempted to smoke from time to time, she has never smoked again.

I bought it for her, and gave her a certificate when she finished the treatment. Maybe that made a difference.

So, if you love someone and care about his or her health, buy one for that person and go to the Print Shop or any other program and make a good certificate. Give it to the person and that is a good motivation for not going back to smoke.

Whatch Oprah when Dr. Oz is there. He will show how the lungs of a smoker look. Scary.
What is the best way to quit smoking besides going cold turkey? -