How to quit smoking..... 5th try.? -

Saturday, October 15, 2005

How to quit smoking..... 5th try.? -


I have been trying to quit smoking for about a year now. I have tried the patch, the gum, substituting a cigarette with a sucker or some sort of candy, everything! I live in a house with smokers, I am friends with smokers and all that fun stuff. I understand that one of the ways to help the cravings is to stay away from triggers but that is not a possibility.

Does anyone have any tricks or hints on how they quit smoking? Any and all information would be most appreciated.
Like you I tried several times to quit using patches, gums, herbs etc but none of these worked.

Smoking is more of a psychological addiction than a physical one. If you really want to quit you must discover the reasons why you smoke and then eliminate or change these thought processes. As soon as I dealt with my psychological reasons for smoking I quit, first time and more importantly for good.

Quitting smoking does not require any patches, gums, herbs or drugs. These methods are expensive, time consuming, potentially harmful and simply do not work. All that is required is a bit of motivation, self belief and determination.

Visit our blog for more information and to download our free book.
Not a single method is going to work for everyone.
Instead of trying to quit, just quit!

I gave up cold turkey 13 years ago and found it easier than smoking lesser as the day goes by, -light- cigarettes (only make me smoke more) because of the lack of kick.

Nicotine is highly addictive and it-s not easy to quit once you have become dependant on it to get yourself going everyday.
Perhaps some of these may help.
Smoking can lead to blindness, it causes Emphysema.
If you are not sure what is Emphysema, it-s a irreversible lung condition that is supposedly suffered by old smokers but recent news about Amy Winehouse has stunned many that someone as young as her can suffer from that too.

You would need support too, perhaps you can get your house of smokers to quit with you.
I see that there were mention of using the drug, Chantix. Be aware that there have been suicide warning about using this. It may not affect everyone but...
I was in the same situation. What I did was cut down on my own, so I would only take one or two when I went out. Then when i started to smoke, It was taste gross and would give me a bad stomach so I just stopped. Gave away my smokes, and quit cold turkey.
My best advise would be to not become dependent on things like gum and patches, because people tend to think without that, they wouldn-t be able to quit, you have to just not make smoking available, and keep yourself occupied so you wont think about it as much

also, if you can last a few days it becomes much easier because almost instantly smoking smells worse, and if smoke gets around you its almost as if you can taste it, but it tastes horrible.

Good luck !


well it is probably impossible to quit right away !
Yo0 need a plan of action by doing this you need to gradually start cutting down on how many you smoke a day and if you feel you really need one then simply take a pen or pencil and just sit and put in yo0r mouth and pretend your inhaling and eventually your body will stop depending on the ciggarettes and you work all the way down to like 1 cig a day x

Good Luck
1- Hypnosis.
2- Look up the pictures of what it causes, does that help?
3- Get some support from your family
4- Keep yourself busy at all times, its like me. I always want to bite my nails when im bored.
5- Check these steps out, they are proven to help you quit
http://www.quit.org.au/browse.asp?Contai…

Good luck, it will be a challenge but your doing yourself good - the people around you wont have to breathe in the yucky stuff.
Maybe once your done you can encourage your friends.
New drug out there called Chantix, which is supposed to be a different med from the rest and very effective even for hard core smokers. I-ve known several people who have tried it and done very well with it.
Good luck

This is the drug manufacturer-s website.

http://www.chantix.com/content

Chantix is significantly more effective than earlier anti-smoking meds. Use it for six months if you have to.
HYPNOSIS
Great videos to help you quit. Good luck!
How to quit smoking..... 5th try.? -