How can I quit smoking? -

Thursday, February 2, 2006

How can I quit smoking? -


I tried every thing but I couldn’t



Please help me.....
First and foremost is that you WANT to stop smoking. I quit smoking 15 years ago. I was always told that it was easier to quit heroin than it was to stop smoking. I read about all those great upstanding people who said that they tried to stop smoking but could not stop. That really made me think that I would never be able to stop smoking. If these good people could not stop why should I even try, I thought to myself. Well let me tell you that you can stop and it is pretty darn easy to do.

First slowly cut back on the amount of cigarettes that you smoke per day. I would just put a few in a cigarette box and that would have to last me until I got home. Second change the brand of cigarette you smoke. The different brands taste different and this will lead you to think about why you like to smoke. Is it the brand or flavor that you like? Thirdly once you have cut down to four or five cigarettes per day slap on a nicotine patch.

I smoked for over twenty years then slowly cut back put on the patch and have not smoked in over 15 years.

I hope this helps you.
Below is my -BEST- answer from an earlier question:

Quitting smoking is not an easy thing to do, especially alone. The longer you-ve smoked, the harder it is going to be to kick the habit.

Quitting is going to require the assistance / guidance of a support group. Friends, family, and colleagues are going to have to support you during this time.

Trying to quit cold turkey usually doesn-t work. Using tools such as Nicotene Gum or a patch will help to reduce cravings. Eating carrot or celery sticks will help with the oral fixation associated with smoking.

Getting help from your doctor is probably a good way to go as well.

The American Cancer Society provides some good information as does the Wikipedia. Tobacco Free California is also a good resource to get help.

Bottomline, start with a plan. Involve your friends and family, and decide what is going to work best for you.
Stop buying cigarettes.
32 DAYS Tabbaco Free.

Tools: Hypnosis and MIGUN Thermal Massage bed.

Prior to this, I-ve tried to quit approximantly 12 times. . .each quitting time was painful, I passed out, had major headackes, and was the biggest B**** (female dog). With Hypnosis, I just quit . . . no headackes or passing out or irratability. I did spend 1 hour daily practicing to be a non-smoker, but it was a relaxing 1 hour. (Still doing this)

Cost: $40.00 cash/ $50.00 credit. . .Under 18 FREE.
just like i did.. with my will power.

if you dont have will power. even taking medication and those patches and stuff wont help.

just work on you will power. it would take a bit longer but you will be a twice winner.

you would have quit smoking + you will gain immense self confidence in yourself. also you will save money spent on cigrettes and medication

think about it
I have tried many times. The longest amount of time I stoped for was 2 weeks than I just (stupidly) picked one up and started again. Its hard but you have to really want to do it.(aparently I didnt want to quit too bad).
that- how I quit. Take the strongest cigarrete, like marboro red 100-s smoke it after drinking a warm, tall glass of milk and after you smoke drink another one. How sick it is going to make you, I didn-t want to smoke for the longest time.
Another, get pregnant(lol) or be around women who are.
I know it will be hard, try not smoking for 3 days, after that it-s not that hard. It-s the first 3 days hard to handle. Eat more. Run, have sex, watch TV. There is a lot of ways to stop thinking about smoking. Try chewing gum that you won-t chew otherwise. Gum that you don-t like the taste of. The association might help you out.
Good Luck.
First things first, do you really want to quit? if so then there are several ways to do so. But they only work if you are willing to quit. The patch almost worked for my husband but he did not have the drive to quit. Also the Stop Smoking pills advertised on TV work well, they help you clean out your body of the toxins from smoking. And offer a more natural way of curbing craving.good luck.
it-s very good to think about that which is already a step towards stopping
one way is too get a nicotine patch
another is subsitute something instgead of ciggarettes for example throw out all ciggarettes and stay away from people who smoke and get something like lollipops or anything and everytime u want to smoke eat a lolliepop or what ever you want to
How can I quit smoking? -