Has anyone Quit smoking? And How long until you feel better? -

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Has anyone Quit smoking? And How long until you feel better? -


I quit smoking cold turkey, and i am now on my 5th non smoke day. And i STILL feel like crap. I-m always tired, irreitable, and still craving. I read nicotine is out of the sysyem in 48 hrs so when am i going to start feeling better??? I think a couple of puffs would make me feel better.
A couple of puffs and you will be back at it again, trust me. Stay strong...everyone is different, but I felt horrible for a week and a half...a little better week 2, and then horrible again week 3 (worse than the first). Then however, it really started to get a little better...and better...and now wahlah, I don-t even think about it now (it has been 2 years). I heard people say that before and thought they were just different than me, but it is true. You eventually forget about it.

Stick with it no matter how bad it is, and soon enough you will be so glad you did.

I also found that stopsmokingcenter.net was a good place to talk to others who were in my boat.
After a couple of weeks you will start feeling better.

I wish I could tell you different, but the addiction stays with you for decades. This is why most prospective ex-smokers fail. They believe that after they get over the initial habit they are cured and are totally unprepared for that craving three years later when they least expect it. Then they tell themselves that just one smoke won-t hurt....
26 years and counting. Cold turkey. One puff and your a smoker again. You-ll feel worse because you failed. I can-t say the exact moment I felt better but, you will. I smoked for 20 years.
Good Luck.
I quit smoking almost a year ago. I still have urges once in awhile. The key to quiting is replacing your urges to light up with something else. Take a walk...run errands...do anything to get your mind off the urge. The more you dwell on the urges, the harder they will be to get through. I know this sounds almost impossible, but try to do something that will make you forget about the urges.

Good Luck.
i quit smoking oct 3rd 2006

Week one - Headaches backaches muscle pain irreitable withdrawl 100%
week two - headaches were gone some of the muscle pain was gone cravings still 100% strong I started to drink more water. it helped
week 3 - could taste things better started new habit of drinking water on a regular basis that helped with all the pain and some of the cravings!
week 4 - i started to feel good inside.. still had cravings but they were more controlable then in the past. changed my mind set to work on new habits drinking water and starting to work out!

now i-m still going strong i cheated a few times...
well good luck!
I quit smoking a few years back and quit cold turkey! It was rough for awhile but soon after I could smell again! I didn-t stink of smoke and started exercising. I feel great now and don-t know how I ever smoked! Goodluck!
I quit smoking 3 yrs ago this past june 12th! Nicotine may be out of your system in 48 hrs. but it took me 2 weeks until I STARTED to feel better physically. Your lungs have already healed themselves by about 25% (I THINK!! is what I read). Don-t give up now!!!! Youv-e gone 5 days and that is AMAZING!!!!!!! Don-t you think?!!!!! Hang in there, you-ll start to feel better before you know it and then you will be on your way to better lungs and better health!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
I quit smoking over 20 years ago. It does take a few weeks for all the toxins to leave your body. You should feel better then. DO NOT smoke now! You are doing to well! Sick with it and you won-t be sorry! Although the day time cravings went away then I dreamed about cigarettes for years! I dreamed that I was buying and smoking cigarettes. The dreams were so realistic that I actually felt as if I had really smoked a cigarette.

There is nothing in this world that will make me smoke again. Especially since it was so hard to quit in the first place. Stay the course. I-m serious, you won-t be sorry. Think of all the money you are saving.
It took about 3 days for me to feel better and 3 weeks to stop having cravings everyday. I started smoking again after a few months when I was stressed out one day. I hope to try to quit again soon. Too bad we ever started, eh?
Oh, and a couple of puffs will just make you start again.
I don-t think the nicotine IS gone in 48 hours. I know it can be detected in a blood sample up to 5 weeks, give or take. So, hang in there! Don-t smoke, you-ll feel better in about a week. Then, you-ll feel better the rest of your life! (smoker for 20+ years)
I have now quit for about 4 weeks, it does get better I try to notice the good things like I don-t get out of breath real easily, I don-t always cough, I don-t smell bad. It does get better it just takes time. It is always helpful to have a huge reward after quitting for a year, you could put all the money you would have spent on cigarettes in a jar and buy yourself a new flat screen tv or something like that. The biggest thing is if you smoke just one cigarette you will be right back where you started and it will only make it that much harder to quit.
If you would really like to know what quitting cigarettes is like, go to http://www.topix.net/forum/law/healthcare/TOCQUU74UH42I2F54 and you will find the most honest answers and loving support you can find anywhere.
Has anyone Quit smoking? And How long until you feel better? -