What can I do to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What can I do to quit smoking? -


I-ve been smoking for several years and to make matters worse I-ve been smoking menthols. What are some good resources, tips and help for me to just help me quit. I want to kick this nasty and really expensive habbit.
I have smoked for 10 years and acidently started reducing my intake of cig-s. How you ask. . . I saw a sign that said, -Free Message-, and I went in. There I got to try a message bed that has acupuncture and infa-red heating (plus more). After several tryies on this bed, I noticed that I would not smoke for 3 hours after I got a message. I turned to one of my -Quit Smoking- guides, and it reccommended messages as a tool to help reduce cravings.

I took it another step and tryied -Hypnosis-. I bet you-ve seen the adds. . . -Quit Smoking- through Hypnosis. So I went, participated in the hypnosis program, - bought the hypnosis tapes.

With hypnosis, I did not have migrain headaches like when I used the patch or Zyban, I did not pass-out cold for two days like when I tryed Cold Turkey, and I have not been an angy-tense-emotional person like all of past times I-ve tryed.

It-s been 10 days since I-ve had a cig. . . I go daily for my free message and while I get my message, I listen to my -Stop Smoking Hypnosis- Tape plus a extra Hypnosis tape (Deppression, Anger Management, Weight Loss, Memory Improvement, Relationship enhancement for Women, ect). You probably don-t realize that taking away the chemicals in cigaretts can make your memory decrease, or you get depressed. . . but this is part of the big factor of giving up the cig-s. . . This is part of the reason why you can-t give them up is because there are too many other emotions that stop you. . . So this is why I listen to the other tapes as well.

My hypnotic instructor told me to listen to the tapes 2-3 times a day for 21 days (each tape is 20 minutes long). So I spend 40 minutes to 1.5 hours a day practicing to quit smoking. Now, when I smoked, I had 15 cigs a day. Each cig took 10 minutes to smoke. So I spent 2.5 hours a day smoking. So I-ve actually gained time.

5 days after I quit, I found a pack of cig-s with 1 cig (my upside down lucky cig), and I was tempted for 1/100 of a second, and then smashed it and said- I am a non-smoker-.

So basically, my daily message-s and hypnosis tapes are working better than any past attempt I-ve ever tried! I wish you luck, and please wish me luck to stay a non-smoker. Thanks
Use the patch for starters it works! If you have acid reflux trust me do not try the gum. I ate the red and white peppermints that helped me with wanting something in my mouth and gave me the menthol like taste. Good luck!
when my first child was born , i quit without help, that lasted 2 years or so and I started again... and I have not been able to stop for more than a day at most. I truly believe its mental when your desire is great enough to quit, you will.
Go to a gym. Exercise more often.
This worked for me, and was relatively painless: 1) I allowed myself 19 cigs the first day, 18 the next, and so on down to one a day. If I relapsed, I would just extend that # to the next day. Toward the end, I would bum the 3, then 2, the one cig from a certain agreeable person. I kept score, then paid him back periodically. One can go for weeks on the same low #. Save those times for when you REALLY crave a cigarette. (During this time, your body is detoxifying decreasing nicotine dependency ... and you are saving money.) Then, when on -one- cig for a while, I said to myself -Quiting one cigarette is nothing-... and resolved not to smoke again. At today-s prices, I would also take the money you save and put it in a jar. (Silver dollars would be nice) Then invest it in a DRIP (Dividend reinvestment Plan)- Georgo
What can I do to quit smoking? -