In order to quit smoking, is it easier to prolong the process or just go cold turkey? -

Thursday, November 6, 2008

In order to quit smoking, is it easier to prolong the process or just go cold turkey? -


Well, On Thursday, I smoked my last cig at 4:30pm and quit cold turkey, I used to smoke three packs a day. too much. I-ve been taking it one hour at a time. I-ve been cramming my mouth with suckers, chex mix, pretzels and everytime a craving comes it only lasts 3-5 minutes and I take a couple of deep until the craving is over and if the craving is too bad, I go outside into the fresh air and stand outside and take more deep breaths of fresh air. And I don-t dare give in to one because by giving in to one will lead to another. I-ve been cleaning everything in sight too. and keep reminding myself why I had quit in the first place. So far so good. I don-t think about tomorrow and I don-t think about later on today. I think about making it through this hour only and when the next hour comes up then it will be time to work on making it through that hour. Good luck to you!
If you want to quit, then quit and stop screwing around about it. Quit cold turkey; the best. Then when you feel the urge to smke, chew on something e.g.; carrots, cucumbers, cabbage or lettice anything that you like but try to avoid fatting foods..


Report Abuse



smokenders worked for me! took several weeks, but have not had cig in 24 years now...
You will have more success with a treatment plan. There is a new drug called Chantix that may help. Smoking is a physical and mental addiction. Get help it will go better if you do.
for me it was easier to go cold turkey
go cold turkey
I can guaranty there is no easy way. You will probably get a chance to try various ways because you would be lucky to quit the first time. But keep trying, the end result will be gratifying.
just ween yourself off of cigarettes, and instead chew gum when you want a smoke, it worked for me sometimes. i couldnt go cold turkey cause i got headaches from not smoking. try the nicorette gum they have or soemthing or ask your doctor about the stop smoking pills they have now.
Cold turkey
everybody is different. going cold turkey works for some, not others...its up to you and how much will power you have. good luck
In order to quit smoking, is it easier to prolong the process or just go cold turkey? -