Can you share us your personal experience to quit smoking ? -

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Can you share us your personal experience to quit smoking ? -


I quit smoking after 40 yrs, In a couple days I can smell smoke second hand smoke smoke on my stuff hanging in the closet in the car, I bought some life safers put them in my front pocket that help , then I just put it in mind if I wanted to live stop . if I want to die lite up. that-s how I stop
Hello izzo!

Take a look at this discussion forum thread about people quitting with electronic cigarettes. Some say that using electronic cigarettes can help you quit smoking. Currently there is no scientific evidence for or against it.

One option is to gradually lower the level of nicotine in your cartridges to become nicotine and tobacco free.

The other option is to smoke electronic cigarettes with zero nicotine cartridges while applying nicotine patches. That way you separate addiction and habit.

Good Luck! It-s not easy ...
Yeah. Quit cold turkey. Every time you want a cigarette, do something else instead.
Or, every time yoou want one, just don-t smoke one.
I quit a year and a half ago.
If heroin addicts can kick their habit, you can kick nicotine.

Maybe if it gets bad you can use nicotine gum or the patch, but try not to use them at all. Use them only as a very last resort, and only in the first week. If you use patches all the time, you-re just going to start smoking again. Also, you will have no make a promise not to have -just one-. And keept it forever. I still have cravings when I am stressed or want one really bad when my friend lights up. I don-t have just one, even though I think it won-t do that much harm....because I know if I smoke one I-ll start smoking again.

Just don-t smoke. Don-t buy cigarettes. Don-t bum cigarettes. Don-t be around them. And go for a jog when you want one, it-ll be good for your lungs which probably need the extra help, and it-ll make you feel like quitting smoking is part of your new healthy lifestyle.
nothing any of us say can make you quit.

each of us, one day said -I-m done-, it was a knowing deep inside that it was over, that it was only a matter of time.

how did i do it? a little weird i-ll admit: picked a weeekend, and TOTALLY INDULGED and bought $200 of DVD-s and chocolate and potato chips. Over teh weekend (never left my house), the nicotine cravings were minimal, as my brain was SO DISTRACTED by being drowned with this other pleasure i have. The 48 hours were up pretty fast, and I was half-way home. Best $200 I ever spent. I was spending near that killing myself anyway.
Hi Dear

It is really very easy if you think a little.

I was in this habit for 30 years.
I said to myself that henceforth I am not going to be a SLAVE to my habits any more.
First week was difficult but latter I could smell anyone smoking in the neighbouring room
for your information...

stopping smoking is not somewhere outside.. i for instance is a smoker.. i have been smoking for 5,6 years,... and i just left smoking as i had a real fear of death in my mind.. i stopped smoking from august 2008 and till this april 3rd i was not smoking at all.. and this happened on 4th of april.. i was having adrink with my friend.. and he offered me a smoke.. which i wud generally avoid.. earlier.. accepted that day.. and i started smoking as if i have never left smoking...


so smoking s not a habit as people think.. it is only an event.. if you want to stop smoking .. dont think about it.. and when you really have the urge to smoke.. just say yourself this one time -i willNOT smoke.-

i was able to stop smoking just because i really had the fear of succumbing to cancer.....

so it is all in your mind.. your mind can do what is good for you if you really think you must do it!

be strong in your mind.. think of the negative things you would end up with if u continued smoking..

gud luk to stop smoking..

3 things u shall do ..
1.avoid places where u smoke.. like a smoking joint..
2.avoid persons who will encourage u to smoke..
3. tell every one you know that- U HAVE STOPPED SMOKING - this will make ur ego understand that if u smoke again that thall the words of all those who laughed at you saying -u can never- true, correct..

diver urself in any other activity u like .. when u feel to smoke.
Can you share us your personal experience to quit smoking ? -