How can I help someone when they are trying to quit smoking? -

Monday, December 8, 2008

How can I help someone when they are trying to quit smoking? -


Someone I know is trying very hard to quit smoking, and I want to be a source of support. Any tips?
Just remind them that quitting cold turkey is the cheapest and quickest way to do it. Every day I see women who find out they-re pregnant, so they quit. Or I see someone has heart problems or lung cancer, so they quit.
It-s just mind over matter! And it-s a stinky,expensive,stupid habit. Only the first couple weeks will be a little tough because it-s a habit. They should be proud to say, -I don-t smoke.-
A little willpower is all it takes! You-re a good friend. Here-s a star for you and your friend! Make sure they throw away all the cancer sticks they have! (Wet them first!! )
Good luck! ;)
keep them away from other people that smoke and places where they associate with smoking. thats the hardest, seeing or smelling it.

other than that, try and be there for them when they are stressed out so they dont resort to smoking.
How can I help someone when they are trying to quit smoking? -