Have you ever tried to quit smoking? -

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Have you ever tried to quit smoking? -


What method did you use and how long did you stay quit?
I started smoking when I was about 19. I-ve quit off and on over the last ten or more years. I quit again last August cold turkey and have not had a cigarette or a desire to smoke since. It-s all mind over matter. When you-re ready to quit, you just do.
I started smoking at 17 and was smoking 20 a day by the time I was 21. I tried to quit for a boyfriend but the problem was that I was doing it for him, not me. Every time we split up or I was annoyed with him, I would smoke. Eventually he was off the scene and I was smoking again - mid 20s by this stage. Then I gave up for me. Motivation was adoption of a healthier lifestyle and it didn-t feel right before or after exercising so I wasn-t inclined to smoke. Still smoked when out at night drinking. Followed this pattern for a few years. Then got self destructive and smoked full time again for years. Each time I started again though I smoked less. Eventually, I didn-t enjoy smoking and it pretty much petered out. Been clean for years now. For the first time not even smoking when on a big night out. Dirty filthy nasty little cancer sticks. Expensive smelly antisocial. Glad hubby has now stopped as well. Don-t know what my lesson for you is. I think I just stopped because I didn-t want to any more. Hope you find something that works for you.
Well im just kid and i don-t smoke and don-t plan on it but my mom did. She used the proscription drug Chantix. She also chewed alot of chewing gum to keep her mouth busy. It Worked really well for her.
Have you ever tried to quit smoking? -