Are there any herbal options to help quit smoking? -

Monday, April 20, 2009

Are there any herbal options to help quit smoking? -


I quit smoking on New Years and this is pretty rough. After 18 years of smoking, chemical dependence really has a grip on me. I heard that there are some herbal treatments that can help. Anyone know any?

No... I am not interested in advice that involves SMOKING herbs :)

Thanks in advance!
Eating licorice helped me.....I know there must be articles on it because that-s how I found out about it. It worked for me, as well as eating sunflower seeds (sunflowers have nicatine in them)
Yogi detox tea helped me to on another quit.
Exercise, and on different quit I had going for 2 yrs. was nicorette gum
Yes, it-s also time for me to quit again too.
Good luck YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
It DOES get easier
Go to -Blairsville.com-/smoking support board.
When I went on there, they had helped me tremendously to quit smoking....it really works too.
ok so let me get this right.. you are telling this person what to use to quit that didn-t work for you??? Try using some integrity, thats like being 100 pounds overweight talking about being physically fit. This may be one of the most hypocritical answers I have ever come across!!!


Report Abuse



A person who is overweight may be very informed and knowledgeable about being physically fit or healthy...some people don-t practice what they know or how genetic disorders etc...that does not mean they are not educated.


Report Abuse



A doctor doesn-t have to have experienced first hand a cure for cancer to know what to do to help etc. I-m overweight but how studied alternative health 28 years and I-ll stack my knowledge against the average person or size anyday. I took offense to your comments.


Report Abuse



also the person didn-t say it didn-t work, just that they restarted for unknown reasons which may have had nothing to do with how they quit. Some smokers like my dad and brother had to quit numerous times before they stopped permanently.


Report Abuse



Each time they learned something new..give them some credit for stopping or trying to..I hope they both try the remedy I listed below..it has a proven success rate and the licorice in it is not the same as candy licorice BTW..


Report Abuse



By the way, Crystal, you gave a good answer..hyponosis is how my brother finally stopped and it-s been at least 15 years for him and maybe he will not have to go through the awful death from lung cancer like my dad did..and,


Report Abuse



of course, lobelia is the herb..it is even nicknamed Indian tobacco..it has similarities to the nicotie that helps but desn-t addict. Great answer.. I hope both those two quit..for good..they will never regret it..I quit 30 years ago..


Report Abuse



Good job trying to quit. Studying herbs was one of my hobbies before. But I can-t recall seeing anything about quitting smoking. I-ll tell you when I find out. Good luck!
No, I quit smoking 13 years ago after smoking 4 packs a day for 20 years. I had dizzy spells for 6 months and it almost drove me crazy but I finally got over it. I still consider myself a smoker who hasn-t had a cigarette in 13 years, but the urge is still there and it is a daily struggle not to smoke. Every time I have an urge to smoke, I picture in my mind what my lungs looked like and me dying far to early.
In several scientific studies these herbs
have been associated with successful smoking cessation:

St. John-s Wort (for mild to moderate depression),

Kava Kava (may help with anxiety),

Valerian (may help with sleep problems),

Licorice (may help reduce stress),

and a Chinese herbal nasal inhaler
called Smoker-s Herbal Aroma
(may help reduce cravings).
go to yahoo india they would know
try avena licorice compound by herbpharm.

this caused a 30 year smoker I know to quit and have no cravings for at least 5 days. He kicked the habit. good luck! It is the lobelia in the formula that is most helpful..
try lobelia also if it gets realy bad download a hypnosis cd online for smoking cessation.. thats all i have done is lobelia for the 1st 2 days then the hypnosis and i have had very few cravings and i had been smoking for 11 yrs.. best of luck to ya
I think people are always after an easy solution to something - me too. But nothing easy is worth having.

A herbal treatment will not be a patch on medical treatments - nicotine patches, nicotine gum etc.

My own personal belief on it, is do it slow. Say you smoke 20 a day, cut to 19. Do it until you don-t notice one missing. Then cut to 18..

It might take months, but it-ll be worth it right?
Are there any herbal options to help quit smoking? -